All Shades Of blue

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This used to be a nice neighborhood.

2 posters

The Divine Esoterium

josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

The Divine Esoterium Empty The Divine Esoterium

Post by josh Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:36 am

The capital ship the Nirvana tilted sideways after a particularly damaging barrage of missiles struck it's hull. Though the Nirvana was a ship of legends even it couldn't hope to stand up against the entire fleet of frigates that were before it firing away like madmen.
    "Where the FUCK ARE OUR REINFORCEMENTS?!" Screamed Commander Talia Virail. She whipped away the blood that was flowing into her face from her forehead and scalp.
    "Just a few more seconds commander I'm picking up a large group of S class ships headed this way. They're led by........... The.." The man at the console started to sweat at the sight on the screen.
    "Led by what?" ASked Talia. After a few moments of silence from the man she asked again. "Led by THE WHAT?!?!" She screamed.
    "The Ragnarok. Ma'am." He said as the color drained from his face. "It's Captain Zedale." He squeaked.
    "Straight out of Hellspace isn't he?" She asked fearfully.
    The man at the panel nodded.
    She turned her attention to other crew members at the helm. "Cease all fire and divert all power to the shields, Keep phys-ionic shields up at all cost. We have a ship coming out of Hellspace. I don't need to remind you all of what happened last time!" She barked out. Hellspace referred to a rift in between dimensions that only a small fraction of life could survive in, it was given it's name for the effect it had on those who even saw such a portal open. It was unheard of for even the bravest of people to be reduced to a crying soiling mess for years after witnessing one open without the proper shielding.

The crew waited with baited breath. the pounding of enemy fire made the wait that much worse. And when it became too much. they heard it. the scratching cry of a billion long dead star systems sounded out. Off in the distance Talia saw it. The Hellgate appeared, and the name was fitting. Crimson fires bursted from it's opening,The very thought of all the terrifying beings that dwelled in that dark place made Talia's skin crawl just thinking about them. The true horror however was what was coming out of it. She had seen The Ragnarok in action a thousand times, even been inside it's long and windy corridors. The ship itself carried more firepower than over half of the Imperial fleet combined. It had cut through legions upon legions of entire star fleets, yet never did it look so terrifying as it did when coming out of that Hellgate. Not a week ago she walked under it in the hanger. yet now it looked completely different. It looked organic, Skin, muscle, and bone covered it's hull. Veins filled with black liquid popped out of it's skin. What terrified her the most was the eye. As she gazed into it she could feel her very soul being torn asunder. Moments before she collapsed she could fell the familiar vibrations of the ship prepping for warp jump.

Talia sat in the infirmary with her knees against her chest. "The entire system?" She asked her Commanding officer Reginald V Galroad. A full fledged member of the Divine Esoterium Galroad was a rather portly looking man. Though he was seen as a god of hardship in many of the systems he oversaw he wasa jolly old fellow who rarely never wore a smile on his face, this was one of those times however. "I'm afriad so. From our understanding Zedale managed to drag the Hellgate with the Ragnarok and flew right into the systems sun. The whole thing imploded on itself. The radiation from it... pratically melted Every-"
    "Reginald!... please." Begged Talie, tears starting to form in her eyes.
    Reginald bowed his head. "I'm sorry, This job of ours is never easy." He said sympathetically.
    Talia nodded for awhile until she finally found the courage to ask. "He's getting worse isn't he?"
    Not needing to know who she spoke of Reginald nodded sadly. "This new stunt with the Ragnarok is a step too far. I've flown with every ship in the nazy and i can tel you that i have NEVER been more frightened of a ship in all my days. I remember when i flew the Rag. If i had any idea that it would become what it is today.... I would have destroyed it the first chance i had." He said with a hint of anger in his voice.
    "Where is he now?" Asked Talia.
    "I'm not sure. Last i saw him he looked dead to the world. He's probably one off to try and drown his demons." He said
    "Wish he'd just off and drown his own damn self and be done with it."Said Talia spitefully.
    Reginald sighed softly as he left the room. "I don't agree with the methods no, But the reason i can get behind. He may not be the greatest father in the world Talia. But any one that will destroy an entire galaxy to keep his little girl safe.. Well He's okay in my book." He said before leaving Talia alone.

Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

The Divine Esoterium Empty Re: The Divine Esoterium

Post by Vox Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:28 am

"youre late Mayhem." said a man in a long coat who leant up against a crumbling wall as Mikki walked up towards a perticularly run-down looking building in the eastern sector of the space station. "Spare me the details. I've come to turn in my latest report of Entity 251." The man seemed to shoot a quick glare at her at the mention of 251. "Deception eh...Personally i think he's a threat... Constructs arn't supposed to be able to think and make opinions for themselves. This one is too unpredictable .... not to mention eerie." he said as he tilted his heas away and looked intto the distance for a moment. "Something about that almost emotionless monotone creeps me out."
    "You going to let me in or what underling?" Mikki snapped at the man before he scowled at her for a moment before he pushed himself up from the wall he had been leaning up against. "Sure...whatever. The joint council is waiting." he said before punching in a series of movements about a centimetre away from the wall he had been standing on. His fingers hit an invisible surface as he did so. A moment later the wall let off a slight shimmer and Mikki passed through it like a ghost.

Once inside Mikki looked behind her to notice a giant metal door slide closed, engulfing her in momentarry darkness before lights on the walls and floors lit up dimly, giving the dark interior a gloomy light. Mikki stepped forward confidently and made her way down a series of stairs and decended into the heart of the building and into an empty room. As she stepped foot into it four screens on the far side of the room lit up in tandem, each one of them depicting the face of a Kytee's leader. Ever since the revolt many years ago there had always been four minor leaders that had their strings pulled by the one only known as Pandemonium, the name of which had been carried by the leader of the Kytees since time immemorial.
    "Step forward Mayhem." the figure on the second screen beckoned her. The man had pitch black hair that came down to the nape of his neck and crimson eyes filled with malice and discontent.
    Mikki obeyed the man and moved forward so she stood in the middle of the floating trancelucant screens.
    "Begin Mayhem." Another on the far right spoke. This hfigures face was completely concealed in shadow by a hood that he wore, only the lines of his markings and his mouth were truly visible.
    Mikki stood with her arms to the side, quite used to being orderd and critiqued directly by the council of four.
    "Entity 251, otherwise known as Deception has shown no signs of reprisal or further progress in motives, emotions or increased signs of free will and conciousness. Deception currently functions as a Construct should, however with the obvious signs of difference." she paused.... she hated standing before the council, spewing out the same garbage day in and day out, she wished they would just make up their minds already... not that they could as it was their jobs to stay sceptical of everything and likewise be prepared for everything. "Subject mantains a logical outlook on situations however..."
    A woman on the screen on the far left leaned forward, "However?.... spit it out Mayhem!"
    Mikki kept her calm and resisted yelling back, "Deception fails to accept and carry out certain orders."
    "I thought you just said that the degridation of typical construct behaviour patterns had ceased?" said the woman with added irritability.
    "I did. Deceptions behavioural patterns have ceased changing so it seems, however it is the logical outlook of his persona that urges him to resist such orders. In other words we have learnt nothing new about 251 within the last few weeks."
    "agreed." The fourth member spoke, who had previously deemed to keep silent. "Continue your assignment until we send summons Mayhem."
    what, no weekly reports?" she thought to herself and managed to kkeep a slight ammount of surprise from her expression.
    "Fine. However be sure to send a report should something out of the ordinary occurr." spoke the woman again before the four screens closed simultaniously again.

Mikki placed her hands on her hips and walked out, "Well that was a colossal waste of time.... Nothing out of the ordinary that i've got to say..." she said as she had the door opned and walked through the wall again.
    "How'd it go?" the man at the entrance asked.
    "Nothing new."
    He let out a sigh. "No termination orders then... theres always next time." he said the last with a grin on his face. Mikki merely shook her head and walked off, not entirely sure of her next destination, however she was aiming towards finding someone she knew, or probably find Janus.

Meanwhile Janus had been asked to retrieve a component needed in the repairs of the Nirvana. It was a relitavely small electronic component and since he assisting with the repairs to the nirvana at the time he had been asked to retrieve it. Janus had used a few shortcuts and had gotten to the place in record time. Despite it being in the slums it was currently the only place with that perticular component in stock. Janus was on his way back when he was cornered by a rather grimey and bulky group. Janus instantly regarded them as thieves as their leader had moved forward and extended his hand, "We'll be taking that pretty piece of tech from you now." he said with a grin.
    Janus looked at the component in his hand before looking up at the thug. "No." he said cooly, his voice exactly as the other had described it, an almost emotionless monotine.
    "What was that whelp?!" the Thug growled, "Guess we just gots to take it from that dead body of yours! get em!" Before the others could even move however Janus had placed the component in his pocket and had rushed at them with a blinding speed, obviously aided by his mechanical implants and edited DNA. Janus quickly struck one in the temples with his elbow with such a force that made him ragdoll away. As soon as he had done this he lowered his body lower to the ground to avoid a blow from one closest to him, he quickly sweeped his leg out to the side and connected it to the other's shin, a sickening crack sounded as his kick shattered the shin. Quickly he picked up the man and held him up infront of him as another thug decided to release a barrage of shots at them. When the firing ceased Janus dropped the bloody body. With only two left he rushed at the one and punched him right under the ribcage before he grabed hold of a metal rod nearby, forcing its shape into a quick point he stabbed the thug with it.
    The leader backed away his hands shaking as he pointed a gun at janus who was now covered with the blood of his team.
    "Wha.... what the fuck are you?!!" he yelled before firing repeatedly at Janus, how removed the metal rod from the body and raced forward at the leader, dodging the bullets as he ran before one attempted to lodge itself in his forehead, it scraped it before it ricoched off.
    The man continued to fire, even when the gun had run out of bullets. His eyes wide in fear as he looked at Janus, where the bullet had hit there was a scrape in the skin to reveal an odd substance underneath. "Get... GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!" he said as he dropped the gun and began to run, nearly stumbling over himself as he did so. Janus easily caught up to him and grabbed his head, "You know too much." he said before he yanked the head to the side, snapping the neck. Janus let the body fall before he turned away and begun to make his way back. In truth Janus had transmuted the metal bar a small while before the shot landed, positioning it so that it only scraped him. With the little scrap over the metal fell away and he dropped the bar. His goal now to make his way back to the Nirvana.
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:23 am

On board the Ragnarok it's captain sat at the helm in the dark. Docked just outside the station with the artificial gravity was turned off. He watched as beer can floated up to the ceiling. He wasn't exactly in the captains chair more like floating in it with his feet resting on captains console. A faint smile played on his lips as he looked out at the station. He could already hear the throngs of voices yelling for his blood. It amused him to an extent. Not once since he stripped the Ragnarok from it's previous captain had he been given any respect from the others of the DE, and he was okay with that. As long as he had his ship he was fine, and no matter how hard they could try the Ragnarok wouldn't fly for anyone but him. It was his ship and he was it's captain. But it was beginning to be not enough for the Captain. He looked up at the collection of screens hanging from the ceiling. "Ya think it's about time we get ourselves a new crew old girl?" After a few seconds the captain felt the engines give a slight hum as if answering his questions. "Yeah i think so too. Bought time yo and me get back in the game don't ya think?" He said with a smile. Suddenly the engines roared to life, the consoles and lights all lit up, seats that had remained unfilled and lowered down into the floor sprang up, the gravity turned itself back on dumping the Captain back in his chair, and the Ragnarok itself gave off a roar that shook the outer walls of the station. It's Captain couldn't help but to throw his head back and laugh. "WELL ALRIGHTY THEN!" He yelled as he jumped to his feet. "Lets go get ourselves some fresh meat!" He said in a joyful tone.

The Golden council was shocked at what they just heard. "You want a what?"
    "What? getting hard of hearing in your old age ya dried up old fucks? I said i want a new crew. And not some shitty second hand chumps that you usually try and drop on me. I want fully trained spec ops types on my ship!" Said the Captain.
    "And what makes you think that we would allow you gather a crew of that nature?"
    The Captain smirked. "Who says I'm asking ya daft old bitch? I'm telling you i don't have to put up with any of that damn paper work that you guys are so fond of." He said knowing that his actions were angering the council.
    "Heh, arrogant whelp. We'll just see what the Golden king has to say about this!"

"Here's all the papers on your new crew Zedale. Glad to have you back in the biz."Said the Golden king in a happy tone as he handed the Captain of the Ragnarok, Zedale the list.
    He motioned Zedale to come closer and whispered to him. "I made sure that most of the women were of the busty persuasion." He said with a lecherous grin. The old Golden king was well known for being a fan of the ladies as well.
    Zedale cracked his wolfish grin. "And people say you're not an understanding man." He said with a smile as he walked past the council while flipping them off.

He stood outside the council building with a grin on his face. "Alright.. Now i just gotta find these guys and we can head out toooo..........." He made a curious face as he tried to think of a destination, he eventually gave up and shrugged his shoulders. "Ah hell. I'll figure something out."
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:28 am

On the way back to the Hanger Mikki bumped in to Janus before staring at him with a startled look on his face, noting that he was positively covered from head to toe in blood. "Deception .... what?" she said as she looked, almost regretting not being there to document the fight.
    Janus raised an eyebrow at her and continued walking towards the hanger with her trailing some small while behind. "Subjects failed to surrender and were in need of being executed." he said coldly as they walked in through the hanger bay before he handed over the component to the mechanics busy working on the ship. Ignoring the looks he got from others he went back to assisting in the reconstruction, his ability to re-shape items was most useful in getting the bodywork back into shape.
    Mikki shook her head as she watched. Her thoughts were interupted as her small communicator went off in her pocket. she picked it up and hooked it to her ear so the small mic was just away from her mouth.
    "Mayhem." said a dark and foreboding voice on the other side, with a slight robotic twinge that suggested it was either a construct that was sending the message or the voice had been altered as the Kytees were so fond of doing.
    Mikki took a casual stance and placed her hands on her hips. "Hey, how ya doin?" she said, this being her usual routene not to draw attention and give away who she was speaking to.
    "You have been re-assigned." said the voice again.
    "Really? facinating, where's everyone goin?"
    "You and Deception have been transferred to the Ragnarock as per the Golden King's latest act."
    The mere name of the ship made her shiver involentarily, she had heard the stories as many would. Only her stories came from very reliable sources. In order to keep up the act she forced herself to reply. "Uh... sure sounds wonderful. Have a good time and all that yahear?" she said before she ended the conversation and walked up to where Janus had been assisting. "We've got new orders." she whispered into his ear

--

Meanwhile just a small while off from a military infermary A figure with mid length brown hair and cat ears walked into a bar, filled with lower level unnamed Military men and unnamed hopefuls and locals. While some people would come to drown their sorrows, pick up woman or evesdrop on interesting news, this perticular bar-loving resident came only for the brawls.
    Numex Streatched and placed his arms behind his head as he did so, taking a good look around at the bar. "Leeeets see what we got here." he said with a playful grin on his face as he looked around, noting some of the local security in uniforms, as well as the usual mix of drunken idiots. "Seems like a good crowd. Now all we need is a spark." he grinned as he sat down at a random, keeping a watchful eye out for anything that might be seen as a 'spark' as he so put it. Within moments he had heard a couple of people at the bar talk about the sorry state the Nirvana was in, even going so far as to question its motives.
    Numex grinned, knowing this was his chance, not only was this a good excuse, but his own loyalty to the crew drove him on. he stood up and walked over to the two before cracking his knickles. "Well well, lookie what we got here, a couple of nay sayers." he slammed his hand on the counter where the men sat, causing it to ecco with the force, "The Nirvana is one of the best damn ships out there, with an even better crew. I don't give two shits about what you think," he slammed his fist into his other open hand, "But to openly mock the nirvana is to openly mock its captain. And i'm afraid i just can't let that fly."
    "And who the fuck do you think you are?!" yelled the drunk at the table before he recieved a solid punch to the face, "Just the co-captain is all."
    "Why you little!" yelled the other as he attempted to hit Numex in the face. Numex grinned and barely moved to avoid it. "That the best you got? daaamn i'm wasting my time here." he mocked. before long the whole bar had errupted into one large brawl and Numex was having the time of his life, that was before on impossibly large man threw him right into the bar table. His top half met with the counter and pivoted forward while the other stayed forceably in place. He coughed before sliding his arm to the side and using it to push his body up from the table, as he did so he managed to recognise a fermiliar face. He stayed in place while he used his elbow to keep him up before motioning a small salute with the other hand, "Sup cap'in?"
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:23 am

Talia glanced down at the man who had just crashed at the table. However she seemed more concerned with her drink than the state of her co-captain "I see that you are giving my crew a good reputation Numex. Brawling in a bar again. It's a wonder we're not barred from more of them." She said in a businesslike tone. She too a drink before she spoke again. "Now if you would be so kind as to get off that ass of yours, grab a hold of those things between your legs, And ooohh... i don't know... try to not bring anymore shame to my ship than you already have perhaps?" She said in a piercing tone. "Or am i going to have to clean up your mess AS ALWAYS?"

Much to the anger of the other members of the DE in the hanger Zedale had set up a wooden desk squire in the middle of it and was interviewing his new crew members in a very business like tone. Completely oblivious to the chaos around him.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:25 am

Numex let out a sigh, "Yaknow Captain.. you can be really scary when you want to be." He got up and dusted himself off before quickly leaning back to avoid another flying paitron. "For the record, they questioned the Nirvana, can't exactly let that go easily. Granted, i was looking for a bit of fun.... oh well." he let out a small salute, "As per your orders Ma'm." he said before he stepped into the center of the room, avoiding strey blows from paitrons. He cupped his hands together to amplify his voice. "OK GUYS! SHOWS OVER! GO BACK TO DROWINING OUT YOUR SORROWS" He said quite calmly before the room's attention was forcused on him for a moment. Some responded by laughing while others felt like ripping his throat out.
    "Look 'ere kitty, we aint about to stop mauling each other just cause someone with a chip on their shoulder says so yahear?" The impossibly large man that had thrown Numex before said, all the while grabbing at the front of his shirt and lifting him slightly off the ground.
    Numex let out a sigh before he grabbed the man's wrist and began to squease at the joint, "Look, i was given an order mmkay? and i take pride in listening to my orders... now...." his face underwent a complete change, from it being the usual happy, chirpy and light hearted face Numex usually had whilst enjoying himself to an eerily calm appearance. "Kindly let go of me, before i snap your wrist like a twig." he said in the same calm tone that his face portrayed.
    "little twerp!" the man yelled, failing to notice the obvious warning sign that he was about to get his ass severely kicked.
    "So be it." Numex squesed on the joint and quickly twisted his hand, shattering the man's wrist. As he howled out in pain Numex looked about "Now if anyone else would like to continue fighting there be a little surprise in it for ya."
    As the room seemed to turn on him they froze in their tracks as Numex seemed to emit a perticularly foreboding presance. The first man that attempted to move on him collapsed to the floor before grabbing his head and began screaming as the room turned into millions of horrors that played perticularly on his own fears.
    The others seeing this seemed to back away and cautiously went to their tables.
    Numex addopted a smile again and changed back to his cheery self. "Well, glad thats over with." he said as he walked back to the bar and sat down.
    The man who's wrist had been 'broken' sat back up from the floor and glanced at his hand hich stll functioned perfectly, "What...."
    In truth no one knew when it had taken over, however the whole scene was an elaborate trick played on by Numex's mind.
    "Happy now captain?" Numex said with a grin, he was usually used to Talia's general scaryness, he just dealt with it, more often than not by just putting on a good act.

--

"And?" Janus replied as he stopped what he was doing and glanced back at Mikki.
    She let out a sigh and stood up, "We've been re-assigned to.... The ragnarock."
    Janus merely looked at her vacantly, "Ok...So?" he said coldly, sending a shiver down her spine.
    "So? its the Ragnarock! you know the info we've recieved on that ship don't you?"
    Janus turned back to the Nirvana before quickly fixing up the pannel he had been working on before getting to his feet and turning back to mikki. "From yor tone of voice it is apparent that you are experiencing fear. Scared much?" he said the last in an unmistakeable mocking tone.
    Mikki was taken aback by his words, "But...but... its the-" she stopped herself as she was reminded exactly who she was talking to "thats right..... he's incapable of feeling fear as one if his primary emotions.... great...." She folded her arms. "Anyway we have to go report to the guy. Apparently he's somewhere in the hanger.
    "you mean that guy over there?" Janus pointed out cooly as he motioned at Zedale to Mikki.
    "Uh.... yeah..."
    Without another word Janus began to move towards Zedale's table. Mikki trailing shortly behind him, using the construct as a buffer between her and the captain. It wasn't usual for members of the Kytees to be this terrified, usually they'd just continue regardless as they had been taught to ignore emotion and carry on with the contract. Mikki failed at this class however, it had been romoured that this, and other reasons were the cause of her being chosen as a shadow operative, mainly because the council diddn't deem her sound enough to carry out the more taxing missions. It seemed that her mission with Janus had pulled a fast one on her however.
    "Janus reporting for duty sir." he said in a very methodical tone as he neared the desk. Mikki jumped and half ran into Janus when he stopped suddenly. She took in a deep breath and appeared out from behind him. "And... im Mikki." she said, forcing out her words andforcing the urge to bolt.
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:03 am

Talia looked at him with a disproving face. "Cute." In the blink of an eye she had her energy pistol in hand and shot the large man square the in the chest. She glared at the other men around the room. "Now then.. If any of you Cock less bastards have any other problems with me, my ship, and my crew AND HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY, NOW IS THE FUCKING TIME!!!" She said as the air around her turned dark and began to take horrific shapes. After a few seconds she tuned and glared at Numex. "When you're done playing I'll be in the ship. We'll be leaving soon. Got order to ship out." She said as she left the bar.

Zedale completely ignored Janus and went straight for Mikki. "Hi Captain Zedale nice to meet you. Please just call me Zedale, Much less formal and quicker to say." He quickly took notice of her ears and was even more interested. "Soooo Neko ehh? niiice. Haven't had one on board in quite a while." He said while looking her up and down.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:12 am

Numex shook his head and calmly finished off a drink that another paitron had left, "And people call me hot headded." he let out a sigh and stared into the empty glass for a moment, "and here i tried to be subtle." he chuckled, "There's no pleasing that woman." He streatched before deciding to get up from where he sat and begum to move towards the hanger. "Best not keep her waiting.... i like being alive." he chuckled to himself as he made his way to his destination. When he reached the hanger he took a good look around, making note of what the people were doing as a small habit of his. His eyes wandered over to an oddly placed desk and chuckled to himself as he noted Mikki and Janus. "Looks like someone got re-assigned." he said thoughtfully to himself before making his way onto the Nirvanna. Numex made sure to Carefully skirt his way round the captain as she was one of the last people he wished to porovoke. Somehow he had made it to the bridge before her. Not wanting to look like he was just standing around waiting for everyone to arrive Numex decided to make himself useful and aided in the pre-flight checks and such.

--

Despite being a construct Janus could easily predict where this was going and stepped to the side before leaning up against the table and folding his arms, his body language clearly meaning, "I'm staying out of this."
    Mikki took notice of this and shot him a small glare, her responce seeming to be interpreted as a sort of "jee thanks".
    Janus shrugged and turned his attention elsewhere and noted crewmembers begin to move on the Nirvana.
    Mikki turned her attention back to the Captain. "Uh. right... noted." she said. "I just Know there's a Kytean officer somewhere higher up thats laughing their head off about this...." she thought bitterly to herself. To end the arkward silence she was able to sum up some strength to ask her next question, "And uh. What would our duties be on the.." she cleared her throat "Your ship." she corrected herself in an attempt to stay calm. Not mentioning the name of the ship seemed to help a bit.
    Janus merely sat and watched with a grin on his face. Visible from where mikki stood but not from where Zedale was gawking at her.
    The grin was unsetteling and was doing nothing in an attempt to calm her, from her perspective it just seemed wrong and twisted knowing what he was. Others might have just seem him as someone poking fun at a comraide.

--
    Meanwhile on a ship outside the station known only as the Wrath its captain was in a heated conversation over the comm that was linked to somewhere within the station.
    "No, i already told you theres no way in hell..... I don't care if you send 10 of em!....... Seriously? blackmail all ya got?...... really...... Yes its my final answer." Alex swiftly hung up the small com he had before he leaned back in the captains chair with frustration, looking up at the celining.
    "That your mommy agaiinnnn???" said a little voice as a face peered over the top of the tall chair.
    Alex raised an eyebrow. "Shouldn't you be in engeneering Yuyu?" Alex said, completely disregarding her question.
    The child gave an exaggerated frown before she pulled herself up onto the back of the chair and flopped forward to sit on the captain's lap. "Its boring there now. The problem with the engines has been fixedm plus i've updated the OS of the ship to compensate with the newer additions."
    "Right.." he said before picking her up and putting her back on the ground to the side like one would to an irritating puppy.
    Sasha held her hands behind her back, "Sooooo.... you never answered my question hmmmn??"
    Alex glanced over to Sasha. "If i told you... i'd have to kill you." he said playfully with a slight grin on his face.
    Sasha chuckled, "So thats a yes. With a mother like yours who needs enemies eh?"
    "You have no idea." he said with a sigh as he shifted and looked forward staring out at the monitor that showed the station waiting for the other ships to signal in and mention the destination and departure.
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:39 am

"Duties?" Asked Zedale with his bottom lip curled up and his head cocked at an angle. "Uhhhhhhh Just find something that you know how to do and do it. Find yourself a console that you under stand and claim it. Haven't had anyone else on board in a looooong time so.. I forgot what all the little button thingies do." He said innocently. "Oh! and before i forget. All Female officers are required to wear.." He suddenly pulled out a ridiculously short miniskirt from who knows where. "TINY MINISKIRTS!!!!" He said holding the pair up above his head in a triumphant pose.
    "Just what the hell are you doing?" Yelled Talia who was standing behind him.
    "Miniskirts." Said Zedale with a smile.
    "I don't think so. In case you are unaware there are rules on how you treat your crew. And ordering them to wear ANYTHING outside the regulation clothing breaks two of them and in this case counts as sexual harassment." She said sternly.
    "No miniskirts?" Pouted Zedale who know had it around the top of his head.
    "No" Said Talia as she snatched it off of him. She looked at Mikki with a sympathetic smile. "Hello. I'm Commander Talia Virail. Captain of the Nirvana, we'll be keeping a close eye on the Ragnarok as well as it's captain, So if he grows to be too much of a problem please inform me as soon as possible okay?" She said as began to walk back to the Nirvana with the miniskirt in hand. A smirk appeared on her face as she started to imagine how to best use the skirt in Numex's presence.
    Zedale called after her. "But can i still wear them?..... I like the breeze. Sometimes ya just gotta feel the wind up between your legs ya know?" He added playfully.
    He looked back at Mikki and Janus with a rather unsettling grin. "Oh we're all gonna have sooo muuuch fuuuuun on this trip."

Sito threw a book against the wall on the other side of his room. The uselessness of the thing was beyond belief. Times like them he was glad that more ancient information was being put into digital format. Much less waste of resources. He had been scouring threw the books he managed to pick up from their last job for any information about Hellspace only to come up empty handed. What filled these books was nothing more than superstitious nonsense and ignorant babel. He got up from his chair and made his way to the bathroom to dunk his head into a sink full of water. Wondering when they were going to make port he exited his room and made his way up to the cockpit.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:33 am

Mikki was taken aback when she was shown the length.... or lack there of of the miniskirt. She was about to answer with a clever retort before Talia walked up and started to talk against his persistant need to use miniskirts. she managed to let out a short sigh of relief as she yanked it off Zedale's head although she fealt a chill go down her spine as she heard Janus chuckle, something she had clearly never heard him do before. she shuddered uncontrollably as it sounded slightly unnatural before she turned her attention back to the situation and to Talia. "Yes, thank you." she said before managing a curt salute.
    She was quite disturbed when Zedale mentioned wearing them himself and fealt her lean away slightly. Janus all the while however was still finding this quite amusing and was still chucking to himself.
    Zedale's next words however made him revert back to his usual behaviour in less than an instant. He'd streightned himself out and pushed away slightly from the table so he stood on his own. "At your orders then."
    "great.... im stuck with a bunch of creeps....... wonderful...." she thought to herself before folding her arms to keep her from feeling vunerable. "a worrying tone." she mumbled to herself before she spoke in an audiable tone. "So when do we depart sir?" she asked in an attempt to pass time.

--

Numex stopped what he was doing as he fealt a chill go down his spine. He streightned himself and looked over his shoulder, half expecting someone to be there, "That.... can't be a good sign." he said as he had a feeling someone was plotting something that involved him. He turned round and went back to work, anticipating it was yet praying that it wasn't Talia. The woman scared him as she did most crewmembers only he seemed to deal with it better despite being her usual target.

--

Sasha quickly got bored of watching the captain literally stare into space before she decided to go and find someone else to bother. No sooner had she thought of this Sito had walked through the doors. Sasha grinned to herself. "Sito!" Sasha said excitedly, "There ya are."
    Hearing Sasha's excited chirping Alex diddn't even bother turning round. "Got some news. we won't be making port as intended after all." He directed at Sito, "actually we've been paired up with the Nirvanna and...." he let out a sarcastic chuckle, "youre definately not going to like this..... At all."
    "Come one spit it out don't keep us in suspence!" Sasha said after she had made her way over to Sito and stood nexto him, folding her arms stubornly.
    "The Ragnarock." he said as he leant forard and rested his head on his interlocked hands awaiting a reaction.
    Sasha raised her eyebrow and looked up at Sito with the same anticipation, "Ohhhhhh interesting." she said quietly to herself.
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Zedale quickly did a heel turn and pointed at his ship with exaggerated flare. "Yes! ONWARD TO GLORIOUS VICTORYYY!!!" He yelled as he quite literally bounced to the shuttle where the other new crew members were seated. "ALRIGHT LADIES!! Buckle in, I don't know how to fly these things." He said while laughing maniacally.

Talia walked aboard the Nirvana and made her way up to the bridge. She sat down in the captains chair and let out a deep breath. "Okay men... Start her up." She said. The crew immediately obeyed and became take off procedures.

Sito's mood darkened considerably upon hearing the name. "Lovely. Has the DE finally lost their collective minds? the very notion that we are to work together is preposterous." He looked at Alex with a darkened glare. "Appeal for a change in orders. Let them know that they are making a grave mistake."
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:55 pm

Mikki stared in disbelief as he jumped offtowards the ship, "Pinch me i think im having one of my strange dreams or some-OW!" she grabbed her arm as she glared at Janus who was standing right nexto her.
    Janus shrugged, "You requested it." he said in a dull tone as he followed after Zedale.
    "Its an expression you DOPE!" she yelled after him before she folded her arms and shook her head, her mood dropped when they reached the shuttle and Zedale began laughing manically after he stated he diddn't know how to fly them. While she stared in disbelief yet again Janus merely sat himself down and buckled up as the captain had suggested before he casually folded his arms and looked out a port window, allowing his thoughts to strey.
    Mikki gulped before she took in a deep breath and moved forward before she tapped Zedale politely on the shoulder before she cleared her throught. "Uh sir. I couldn't helo but notice when you said you uhh... don't know how to pilot the shuttle. If i may.... i'm quite a capable pilot myself and have experience in piloting shuttles sooo uhh..." she said faltering a bit, "If you wish i could... well... assist in the steering of the ship... sir."
    Janus had had his fill of the stagnant view outside and shifted his attention to the rest of the crew, eyeing them down, noticing most of them were female and were of the... gifted... variety. His attention turned to Mikki and shook his head at her futile attempts.

--

Numex streatched casually as his back clicked slightly before letting out a relaxed sigh. "Well then i guess its started then." he chuckled and held his hands behind his back as he stood just behind and to the left of Taila. "I have a feeling this is going to be one of our more... interesting voyages." he let out a small chuckle before glancing over at Talia, "So Captain, where are we going then?" he said before mentally bracing for an answer, knowing how unpredictable Talia could be. "Unless you'd rather leave it as a surprise." he joked slightly as he stared forward.

--

Alex rubbed his temples for a moment, half anticipating this reaction. "I'll make the request," he said after letting out a small sigh, "However i doubt they'll change their minds much, the council is as pig-headded as they are stubborn and pompus." he chuckled for a slight moment before he cleared his throat, knowing Sito wouldn't perticularly appreciate the joke at this point in time. "At any rate. If they refuse to take our request into consideration ...." he paused and thought a moment, recalling all he knew about the captain and 'that dammned ship of his' "I guess simply grinning and bearing it won't be an option. Even i shudder to think what would occur onboard, no less what would happen should the crews come in contact with each other." he said the last more to himself than anyone else, "At the very least you two would be at each others throats. Right, enough of my rambling..." he signalled one of the crewmembers to open up a link to the station so he could request a change from the council."
    "You reaaaaly don't like that guy don't cha Si." Sasha said whilst she looked up at Sito, drawing attention away from Alex and his efforts. Luckily Sasha hadn't had, what some would call the, 'misfortune' to meet or even see Zedale in public, to her he was only a name behind some stories she had heard, and from what she had heard she wasn't sure she realy did want to meet him.
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:54 pm

Zedale cackled madly. "Well i ain't moving from this spot so if ya wanna fly it then crawl up in here!" He laughed as the shuttle shot up into the air smashing into the ceiling of the hanger. Zedale jerked forward with the shuttle. "Everybody relax!" He yelled back at the crew. "If you can't handle a little shacking then you definitely will after a few months on board the Rag." He said as the shuttle exited the hanger.

Talia looked over at Numex. "As soon as the other Captains report in you'll know. But i'll give you a hint. This is not a humanitarian mission." She said with a sinister grin that looked far too much like her fathers'.

Sito let out a deep sigh and rubbed his nose. "Just what i need." He looked down at Sasha. "You would too if you knew him. That man is evil incarnate, He was blessed with an amazing gift and used it for his own personal gain. Thankfully he was stripped of it not too long ago. Now he is merely a spoiled child who won't let go of the past. He uses dark arts to obtain power that is not meant to exist." He said angrily. "So yes....I don't like him at all."
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:45 am

Mikki flew back as Zedale crashed the shuttle through the hanger bay celing due to the fact she haddn't had enough time to be seated let alone buckle herself up. She braced herself, expecting to be thrashed against the back of the shuttle due to the severity of the takeoff. No sooner had she expected to feel the impact had she fealt a pressure around her waist before she fell back on something softer than she had expected. She opened her eyes and looked back with a measure of surprise on her face, "J... Janus?!"
    Janus had anticipated Mikki's fall and had untied himself and lept from the seat to intercept her before turning them round slightly so he took the brunt of the force. While most would see a different meaning behind this act, for Janus it was simply instinct or possibly bits of coding left that urged him to move.
    Janus loosed his Grip on Mikki before he pushed himself up and got back to his seat and buckling himself up as if nothing had happned. He looked back at Mikki who was still sitting in the same spot, "I suggest you take a seat, as i won't be doing that again." He said cooly before she shook her head and sat down, "Uhh... yeah..." Mikki looked past everyone and towards Zedale before she shook her head, "We're all gonna die.... arn't we?"

--

Numex shook his head, "Yaknow.... youre reaaaaaally starting to worry me." he said as he took note of her grinn. He let out a sigh and folded his arms casually behind his head as he stood, his usual stance out of habit rather than anything else. He shrugged slightly, "Athough. i doubt its nothing the Nirvanna, or her crew can't handle." He said with a grin as he stared forward.

--

Sasha listned to Sito intently "Definately not one of your favorite types then." she said as a statement before she shook her head, "Dosn't sound like a very nice guy at all. Still" she said with a small smile, "Im sure you'd kick his ass in a fight!" she said excitedly before she was Distracted with Alex's return.
    Alex let out a sigh as he neared them with a look of defeat on his face, "I'm afraid they refused. When i persisted they seemed all the more insistant, especially after i mentioned possible conflicts." he let out a sigh, "It would seem theyre insistant on making someone's life hard, if not yours then quite possibly you-know-who. If its any consilation, he's not exactly in charge of the fleet, take thanks in small miricles wouldn't you say." Not having much else to say Alex turned round and ordered the crew to bring the ship to life before he sat himself down and hailed up the Nirvanna. "Captain Alexander Ragewright of the Wrath reporting in and at your orders Commander." he said cooly yet in the usual official tone.

--

Numex's ears pricked at the name. "Wragewright eh?" he chuckled, "Oh boy this is gonna be interesting." He looked over to Talia with a grin, "I know youre not one for favours Capt, but mind if you call em bunny for me? sort of an old greeting so he knows who he's dealing with." he said with another small chuckle

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 pm