All Shades Of blue

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This used to be a nice neighborhood.

Grimm's tale, WIP

josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Grimm's tale, WIP Empty Grimm's tale, WIP

Post by josh Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:53 pm

Grimm’s tale

If you’re reading this then I’m already dead.. Don’t act like you care, cause I know you don’t. Nobody gives a shit about me and you know it. Sure there will be people going on about how I wasted my life and how much of a loss it is but I know.. Yeah I know what’ll really go through their mind when they’re looking down at me in the casket. “Can’t wait to get outta here and get some food in me. Worthless fuck doesn’t deserve all this, just throw em in the dirt and get on with it.” No one in my family will care that I’m gone. You all think I’m worthless, Both sides, one thinks I’m a blight on the family name, while the others just think that I’m a waste of space. None of my so called “Friends” will care either, Hell they don’t want me around… I know most of them didn’t like me but…. You…. Not gonna say your name cause you know who you are. We’ve known each other for years now and you just throws me away like garbage… you yelled and fussed at me when I confronted you about it but I was right. You really didn’t give a shit about me at all, I was just another toy for you. Well I’m hope you’re happy now, cause I’m gone and you won’t ever have to put up with me again. To the assholes at my job.. Fuck all of you. I know that you all talk about me behind my back, I know how much the lot of you feel about me and believe me.. The feeling’s mutual.
    And to my parents…. Don’t you dare say you tried. Don’t you dare say that you did your best, you ignored me too. I know how disappointed you all are of me. I know how much you wish you had a better son, that you wish I could actually want a future that the rest of your family could be proud of. But you know what.. I’m what you got, and I obviously wasn’t good enough for you. Here’s to hoping you loose some sleep tonight you FUCKING BASTARDS!!!!

Jonathan Grimm looked at his creation. This letter written in a WPS file was his last gift to the world, what would be the final proof of his existence. What sent him down this path people would wonder. In truth it was simply that no one bothered to take the time to talk to him. It was simply because.. No one acted like they cared, he was mocked, scorned, ignored, hated. His entire existence could be summed up in one word, Unwanted. His plans for the future no matter how proud of hopeful of them he was were always smashed around his feet. He would talk and plan with all the excitement of a kid in a candy store for hours on end only to have them crushed before him. He wasn’t good enough, it was a stupid idea, He would just mess it up, there was no money in it, no one…..would care. Jonathan was lost in a sea of uncaring. So he sat and hid from the world. But it was too much now. He had lost his best and only friend, tossed away like an old toy to be replaced with the latest. He was done, done with the tears, the pain, the sorrow, and the anger. It was too much for him to handle anymore, He had tried so hard to find ways of making the pain stop to no avail. Every attempt was met with more contempt, every smiling greeting met was snarling rebuttal. And so he was left with this final option. A last resort to make it all end. He took the cold metallic comfort in hand and raised it to his temple, the six barrels all loaded incase of a misfire or poor aim. There was no room for errors here, he was ending it all now. His finger wrapped around the trigger and he squeezed.

There were no bright warming lights or screams of the eternally dammed that met him, just the dull clicking sound of a bullet denying him release. A groan of frustration escaped him as he pulled the hammer back loading another round into the chamber. As he began to squeeze again a blip from his computer gave him pause. The orange box at the bottom of his screen grabbed his attention. Curiosity took hold as he clicked it opening Skype to see who messaged him knowing that the only contact that he spoke to belonged to the girl that had thrown him away and she was asleep at this hour. The message appeared and a sense of fear ran through him. “Does your father know that you have his gun Jonathan?” The message read. The pencil scribbling under the message held Jonathan’s attention. “There are others ways of handling this situation.” The new message said. His mind began to race, how did this person know what he was about to do? Who was he? All of these questions Jonathan typed out. He stared at the screen waiting for a reply. “Add me to your contacts and see.” Was the response. And so Jonathan complied, and a scoff escape him as his mysterious contactor’s avatar was a picture of Morpheus from the Matrix movies. “You gotta be shitting me.” Jonathan said in an amused tone.
    “Fitting isn’t it? This is the part where I give you the choice. The red or blue pill.” The message read before two emotes appeared in the chat box. Two pills sitting side by side. One red, the other blue. “Click the blue pill, and this conversation will be over and you’re free to pull the trigger with better success this time. Click on the red pill however, and I’ll give you what you’ve needed all along. Purpose, A place to call home where you are respected for your abilities and liked because of your personality. A place where you’ll no longer fell lost and alone. But the choice is up to you.” After reading Jonathan immediately knew what was up. The red pill was a link to some religious, or counseling site, Could even be a ploy to get him to join the military. Still…. He wanted to know how this guy knew what he was doing. But at the same time.. Why bother? Every church he’d been to had hated him for being more open minded about things and because he wouldn’t stop asking questions. And military wasn’t something he would even consider doing, he certainly wasn’t patriotic enough to die for the country let alone go through more hell for it In the end.. He just wanted it all to stop, for all of it to end, So he though long and hard, and made his choice.

Jonathan Grimm died that night, and no one mourned his passing. There were no tears, no pain, no sorrow, and no anger. In the end, Jonathan Grimm was taken from the this world, and no one even knew. Because as he was taken, he was replaced. A new being took the identity of Jonathan Grimm, it was a happy thing, full of cheer and energy, it met everyday with a smile and soon. It’s happiness caught on, it quickly made friends, made his family proud, And everyone would ask, “What happened that made him change so much? He’s like a completely different person.” And that…was the answer.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:21 am