All Shades Of blue

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This used to be a nice neighborhood.

2 posters

Tales of Waterdeep.

josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Tales of Waterdeep. Empty Tales of Waterdeep.

Post by josh Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:50 pm

Smoke filled the air as four hooded figures stood over one with hair white as snow. "It is over champion.. You have been bested. And now.. You will die." One said as it raised it's sword. The man that kneeled before them let out a laugh. "What is so funny oh mighty champion?" The man raised his head to show his violet eyes. "I was just imagining what your face would look like... WHEN I DID THIS!" He yelled as he pulled a dagger and stabbed the one figure in the knee. The figure fell to the ground with a moan of pain as the man leapt to his feet and retrieved his rapier. "COME THEN EVIL ONES! Face me, as i have not yet begun to fight!" He yelled in dramatic fashion as he struck at the nearest figure. One by one he felled them easily. After his enemies lay at his feet he let out a laugh. "Fools, Know this as you die! No evil shall stop me from my quest! I shall be reunited with my love soon enough!" A loud whoosh rang through the room as an explosion of smoke came behind him. The hero turned and faced the smoke and a cloaked man wearing a crown of horns stepped forward. "Very well done brave knight." The man said. "But know this. I have.... ermm... uhh." The man suddenly looked rather confused. "Thekan" The white haired man whispered through his teeth.
    The cloaked man gave a start. "Right! I have taken your love.... uhh away.yes! Far away!."
    "Foul monster!" The white haired man spat. "Where have you taken her?! I will not rest until i have her in my arms again!" He yelled.
    "Umm.... away?" The cloaked man said in an unsure tone.
    The white haired man looked about ready to hit the cloaked man. "Perhaps to your seceret.."
    "LAIR! Yes.. My secret lair.. That's where she is!" The cloaked man said. "And you uhh..... Won't find her." He gave a long pause as he looked around as if he were unsure of what to do. "Umm... I think that's it." he said before slowly sidestepping away.
    The white haired man turned around. "BLAST THIS MAN! He has escaped me yet again! But never fear my love! For one day soon I will rescue you and we'll be together at last!" And with that the curtain dropped and the half elf bard Tannin stormed off the stage to the back.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Tales of Waterdeep. Empty Re: Tales of Waterdeep.

Post by Vox Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:43 am

A young girl walked casuallt through the streets with a slight spring in her step, humming happily to herself with a grin on her face. Her coat worn oddly about herself as she rested her hands under the straps to her pack.as she walked a black decorated fox-like mask bounced slightly as it half-hung on her face, obscuring only the half of it.
    As she walked a small white near-trancelucent fox would follow after, half of its body obscured in an odd mist that would fade off in a train behind it. The usual persons in the street seemed to take no notice of it at all as they were seemingly used to the sight.
    The girl paused a moment, blinking before looking about quickly, "oh no! I forgot! I'm going to miss it at this rate!" She said before darting off, skidding round a corner before coming to an inn, not waiting on the odd looks she quickly scurried down to the basement and watched as the peopke started to clear out. She hung her head a moment. "Drat! I always miss it.." She said with an exasperated sigh before walking up to the stage, resting her elbows on the rim as she looked up to the curtain. "Must be so cool standing up there. Don't you think Ta'haam?" She said before looking down to the eatheral fox as it answered by jumping up to stand on the stage, its pointed face looking down to the girl, to which she responded by patting it on the head, "oh you're so silly!"

A drow in the far corner of the bar watched as theyoung girl dashed past towards the basement before silently shaking her head, reaching up to her hood she pulled it down slightly before adjusting the bottom half of her mask. Her entire form was covered in a black leather, a dark midnight clue cloak slung about her shoulders and the hood atop her head. Despite what most thought she wore this getup so she -diddn't- arouse suspicion. She let out a sigh and leaned back in the chair, crossing the one leg over the other as she rested her head in one hand. She was starting to get tired of instantly being judged because of her race
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:05 am

Tannin Stormed down to the back where all the cast were getting out of costume. "BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFF!!" He yelled as he stomped up to the cowering Man who had just taken off the crown of horns. "I'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry!!!" He was repeating over and over til Tammin grabbed him by the head and planted a kiss on his forhead before pushing him away. "Did better but you're still killing me." Tannin said as he started to throw off his own costume. "Ss orry. I'll try harder next time." Biff stuttered. After pulling a tunic over his head Tannin pulled his own face back into a disturbing grin. "You better." He said before walking out. But not before giving the rest of the troupe a wave. "Good job tonight guys. We'll get em next time." He said as he walked through the door leading out to the bar.

He took a stool up at the bar and shortly after a rather large woman with and eye patch over her left eye came up from behind the bar. "Baaarely saved it there Whitey." She said in a throaty hoarse voice. "You're telling me. How'd we do tonight Winky?" He asked her referring to her by her affectionately given moniker.
    "You got forty six in there." She said grimly to which Tannin laid his head onto the bar and ruffled his hair with both hands. "Numbers are droppiiing. We gotta find a better actor than Biff and FAST. Hold a casting call. We don't get these numbers up we're done for." He said in a slight panic.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:21 am

Eyll cast her eyes to the bar and watched for a while before her ale was set down in front of her. Taking careful care she slipped down the bottom half of her mask and reached out towards it. Before she could take it however a dagger planted itself in the wood of the table. She let out a sigh as the obviously drunk pairton slurred, "iiii saw ya there black. Whassa matter. Comin' in ere all..." He let off a hickup, "cloak n dagger? Gonna start somethiiinnngg?!?!" He yelled before lunging at her without warning. Eyll responded by dextrously jumping up on the back of the chair, using it as a springboard to flip round in the air. In an instant she grabbed the back of the man's head and brought it down on the counter hard enough to incapacitate him without causing permanent injury. This outburst caused the bar to spark up into a fight as another man neared, grabbing at her. She quickly moved away but he was able to snag her hood, pulling it off to reveal her face. "D-drow" he stuttered before he would ger hit with the pommel of the same dagger that the other man had lodged in the table. Eyll rolled her eyes as the man fell. "Heeere we go..."

Ann looked up at the sound of a fight before looking to ta'haam. "Maybeeee we should get out of here" she said before starting to move off, stopping as the fox bit on to the sleave of her jacket, haulting her movement. "What do you mean stay here?? They could come down at any moment!" There was a pause before she shook her head before seeming to think, "actually yeah you're right... Okay okay we'll stay I guess"
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:36 pm

"OY!" Yelled Winky from across the bar, getting the attention of nearly everyone in the room. "We don't tolerate that sort of behavior in here. You wanna harass the patron you find somewhere else to drink. Got it!?" She threatened in a tone that would shape the image of a person willing to do far more than simply throw someone out. Tannin then stepped forward up to the men. "Heeey come on now guys, let the lady drink in peace would ya? Would hate to have to show you the door. So come on. Head over to the bar and get yourselves a couple drinks on me, eh?" He said while wearing his most winning smile.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:14 pm

Eyll shook her head and threw her hood back up over her head before sitting down with a sigh, lifting up her ale to sip at it idly, glancing between the paitrons every now and then, planning on having her drink, paying for it then promptly leaving, despite the fact that she had originally gone there to wait for someone. "he's running late anyway. i should just leave." she thought to herself as she sat.

Ann meanwhile had jumped up to sit on the stage, swinging her legs about as she looked around, getting mildly bored with the situation she lay on her back with a sigh and watched Ta'haam as he pranced about the stage, running quickly to create a small smokescreen with the trail he left behind. This made her smile slightly. "You silly fox..." she said with a giggle before rolling on her stomache, squinting after a while as the mist covered the stage. "Ta'haam?" she said and waited for a while, before getting to her feet onto the stage, standing at its center she looked about and turned her attention to the front of the empty basement. not able to resist the urge she took a dramatic stance, flinging her black fox-mask on to her face and started to wave about an invisible sword, "have at you foul creature!" she yelled to no one in perticular, loosing herself in her little game
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:24 pm

As the patrons settled down Tannin looked to Eyll out of the corners of his eyes. A brief nod from Winky was all he needed. He pulled out a chair and sat near her and spoke in a hushed tone so that only she could hear. "Dos phuul natha verve i'dol dal delmah Jabbress, Ele zhah nindel?" He said in the Drow tongue as he watched her intently.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:35 pm

Eyll lifted her her glass to her mouth and sipped at it before glancing to the other, placing the glass down on the table, "Not sure if you've mistaken me for someone else there, but i believe speaking english may help you out here." she said in a neutral yet polite tone as she pulled up her mug to sip at it again, looking over the one who sat in front of her, seeming to gauge his skills and possible fighting capability, a habit she had developed over the years.

downstairs Ann was rather enjoying herself in her make-believe swordfight as she lept about with a bright grin on her face as she fought her 'foe' with her 'sword' Ta'haam being completely forgotten
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:48 pm

Tannin arched his brow curiously. Wary of Drow trickery he shot a look over to Winky. She then slammed a mug onto on of the cabinets behind the bar while muttering something about "Damn spiders."
    All the while Tannin watched Eyll's reaction, knowing all too well what happens to those that harm spiders in the presence of a priestess of Lolth.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:56 pm

Eyll looked between the two for a moment before sipping at her ale again, finishing it off. growing cautious of the white haired man she placed the mug back on the counter and pulled up the bottom of her mask, getting to her feet she walked over to the bar area, placing her hand palm, down on the countertop as she looked to Winky, "oi."
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:59 pm

Winky drew herself up as she addressed Eyll. "Yeah? What do ya need?" She asked in a semi professional tone as Tannin watched, ready to pounce at the drop of a hat.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:03 pm

Eyll moved her hand back to reveal the coins needed to pay for the ale, "Thanks." she said before turning about, headding for the entrance
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:20 pm

Winky watched Eyll walk away before looking over to Tannin. "Better keep an eye on her, You remember last time." She said grimly to which Tannin simply nodded, Not needing a reminder.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:32 pm

Eyll walked out into the night air with a heavy sigh before looking about, slipping into a back alley to go unnoticed, "He's always late...." she said to herself before looking about some, seeming to double check her swords and the harness that kept the vials of poisons and her daggers in place under her cloak. she paused and lingered there a whlie before walking off to stand in the centre alley before armored footstepps could be heard from the opposite side of the alley. "Youre Late again Jezoric." she stated rather plainly as a younger human with black hair and odd yellow eyes would walk though the darkness, as he neared he would seem to still have his guardsman regelia cast about him. "Sorry, the shifts were brutal tonight."
    Eyll would sigh some, "don't give me that... you know what we've discussed."
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:59 pm

Up above on the rooftops a scruffy looking white cat looked down at the drow and guardsmen.

In the stage room where Ann was reenacting some battle Tannin couldn't help but let out a chuckle. "So what vicious monster is the fair lady slaying today?" He asked in dramatic fashion wearing his friendly grin as he did.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:13 pm

Ann paused and looked to Tannin a while before catching on to his tone, noting it not to be angry or hostile she decided to go along with it, pulling her 'blade' back from some invisible creature before holding a determined fist to her chest, pointing the blade hand out towards Tannin, "Fear not citizen for i have slain the dreadded beast in these parts! your beds are safe for another night thanks to I, the padfoot!"

Jezoric rubbed the back of his head a moment, "yeaahhh i know...."
    "and you know what happnes when you get tired Jezoric." Eyll would let out a sigh, "Found anything yet?"
    the guardsman would shake his head, "Nope."
    "guess its back to the inn then. you get the room and i'll set everything else up alright?"
    Jezoric would nod before headding in to the same inn Eyll had came from before walking up to Winkey in attempt to get her attention to gain a room.
    Eyll on the other hand moved off into the shadows for some time, seeming to look for something
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:52 pm

"Padfoot?" Tannin asked with a smirk. "Odd name for a hero don't cha think?"

Winky took a look at Jezoric he walked in. She stepped over to him and met him with her usual greeting. "What do ya need?"
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:59 pm

Ann reached over to the side of her mask and pulled it away to hang at its usual angle, "hey... i thought it was an okay name having thought up on the spot and a- Ta'haam there you are!" ann grinned as she looked down to Tannin's hand as the eatheral fox had appeared behind him, sniffing at his hand, its light and misty trail fading out past a certain point as it seemed to sit there

Jezoric bowed his head to the woman a second, "I'd like to rent a room for the night" he said, hoping against hope that there was one available
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:08 pm

"Ahh." Said Tannin. "But the great hero names where never thought up on the spot. They took their time and really thought up a name that meant something to them. Something you gotta put your heart and soul into." He said with a smile. "Otherwise you end up with twenty different ones and can't keep up with em all."

"What kind?" Asked Winky. "We got our upper scale which cost five gold a night, Then we got the lower scale which is one gold coin. But all it is is a mat on the floor with some extra guest. Food and drink are a gold a plate and cup, doesn't matter what you get." She said reciting the same line for the ten thousandth time.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:18 pm

Ann sat down on the lip of the stage, swinging her legs slightly looking towards the man, "Well its not like i've thought about that sorta thing" she said with a bright grin, "I can't weild a weapon to save my life. literally. and still, foxes have padded feet." she said, adding the last bit on as an afterthought. Ta'haam on the other hand was getting bored at being ignored and lightly jumped up on its unseen hind legs, placing its front paws up on tannin's side, making an odd reverberating yet hollow sounding whimper, looking up at him with clear-set and near trancelucent blue eyes

Jezoric thought a while before letting out a sigh, "I'll take the one you have for five" he said, figuring it would be wise to get something more cofortable for once
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:26 pm

Tannin looked down and petted the fox. "Starved for attention are you?" He said with a small laugh.

Winky nodded. "No surprise there. Room's upstairs, third to your left. If anyone's in there just kick em out." She said gruffly before turning her attention back to those at the bar.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:34 pm

Ann grinned, "Nah, Ta'haam just loves being in the limelight." she said with a grinn before hopping off the stage, walking up to them slightly as ta'haam would yip slightly before moving back off to ann.
    Ann held out her hand in a friendly manner, "Name's Ann and i'm...." she said with a pause as she looked to the side slightly, "going to be horribly late... again."

Jezoric placed the coins on the countertop before nodding in thanks before moving back up to the room, his first order of business was to remove the heavier pieces of his armor, more specifically his chest and shoulder plates
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:15 am

Tannin smiled at her. "Well don't let me keep you then Ann." He said as he started back towards the bar.

Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:59 am

Ann dashed off out of the bar, swerving to the side to avoid a stumbling paitron before running out into the street. After some time of running about she stopped, blinking a moment before looking around, realising with a grim reality she recognised nothing of the surrounding area. She looked down to ta'haam a moment. "Uhm.... You wouldn't..... Happen to know where we are do you?"
    Ta'haam responded with a low eatheral reverberating whine, lowering his head.
    "Oops...."

After getting himself comfortable, slipping on a loose tunic and comfortable pants jezoric walked over to the window before opening it. Only to jump back in surprise as Eyll clambered through it once it had been opned.
    "Jeez jez. Jumpy today arn't we?" Eyll said before easing herself through the window, taking off her mask and hood.
    "Do you blame me? You look like some kind of... Assassin sneaking through the windows like that.
    "Its to avoid the public eye jez. You know that." She said before unstrapping some freshly picked plants from a pouch to her side, dusting off the dirt out the window before moving back in.
    "Yeah..."
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:41 am

As Tannin did his usual rounds of harassing Winky the inn doors burst open and all the chatter stopped. "Lots of people in here today huh whitey?" Came a gruff deep voice from one of the four half-orcs that barged into the room. Tannin swore under his breath as he turned to face the men. "Breek! Uhh yeah. We uhh. had a decent crowd today actually." He said nervously.
    "Good." The half orc called Breek laughed. "Then you pay four hundred this week."
    Tannin's face sunk as if he had just been hit. "We uhh.. Didn't do THAT good." He said disappointingly as he put his hands in his pockets. "You gotta give us some leeway here or we won't be able to stay open. You're draining the well so to speak." He said hoping that the half orc had at least SOME common sense.
    The orc merely spat on the floor. "Then we move to another Well. NOW PAY!" He roared. "Or we take.. From women." He said leering at the waitresses.
    "That's not necessary okay? We can work something out here alright?" Tannin pleaded. To which Breek smirked. "Yeah.. We work something out..OUTSIDE!" He ordered. Tannin swallowed a lump in his throat. "Yeah.. Okay." He said following them out before giving Winky a wink of reassurance.

In the alley way behind the inn the blows came down on Tannin like a hard rain. It wasn't until he was sprawled face down on the cobble street in a pool of his own blood did they stop. Breek grabbed Tannin by his hair and lifted his head up so that Breek could talk into Tannin's ear. "Next time i come.. You pay eight hundred. Or i kill you. And take women." He growled before slamming Tannin's head down onto the stone. Tannin managed to lift his head a few inches before a foot came down onto of his head smashing his face down with a sickening crack, Making Tannin's world go black.

He wasn't sure of how long he was out. Not long considering he was still bleeding. Thankfully his fingers were still intact so the damage to his face and teeth were quickly repaired as he cast a healing spell on them. The pain on the other hand was still enough to give him pause. He rolled over onto his back and stared up into the sky, easing the pain in his shattered ribs. As he lay there his thoughts turned back to home and his family. But more so of his mother, who was a renowned cleric able to heal any injury, save for those that took her life. A rage which Tannin kept down began to stir, And he focused it on the goons, and what fate he was planning for them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:21 am