All Shades Of blue

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This used to be a nice neighborhood.

2 posters

The Drift

Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

The Drift Empty The Drift

Post by Vox Fri May 17, 2013 2:21 am

Toriin let off a sigh as he leaned back in the swivling chair of his room, ears kept in a neutral position as his eyes glowed brightly in the dark as he looked to the struggling flickering holographic screen in front of him. "Guess that will do" he said before having it close. shifting forward in his chair, procuring a small box from his pocket before attatching a cable to a small slot in the side, transferring the video to it. "If anything happens, least -hopefully- reg-" He paused before correcting himself, "the, colony. will guess at what happned." He stretched in his chair a moment, back giving a slight click as he stretched. his air flicked as his comm came to life with the usual light buzz of static interfearance. he flinched as it came on too loud.
    "TORIIN"
    "OW, damnit!" He said before turning it down, half cursing under his breath as he turned it down"
    "Toriin, you okay??" Asked a concerned voice on the other end
    "Yeah yeah, just. comm changed volume again, you know how it is"
    "Yeaaaaahhhhhh... we've been trying to fix that."
    "Got more important things to deal with. what is it?"
    "Nothing important, was just uh. wondering about theee.. message"
    "Its done."
    "Oh, okay then. awkward. well. Cya!"
    Toriin blinked, glancing to the side. "O..kaaay"
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

The Drift Empty Re: The Drift

Post by josh Fri May 17, 2013 2:17 pm

Chief O'Hara sighed as he watched the overlay of the ship. Heat sensors pinging every thirty seconds to keep power usage at a minimum. the room was pitch black save for the green glow that came off the overlay at every ping. Scott took a drink from his flask as he leaned forward, something catching his eye on the lower levels, heat where there shouldn't be any. It was only for one ping but he was sure of what he saw. He grabbed his radio and switched it to catch all nearby frequencies so that just about everyone with a radio would hear him. "Do we have anyone down in the lower levels? Just picked up something on the radar and I wanna make sure I ain't seeing ghost."
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Sat May 18, 2013 9:38 am

Toriin inclined his head a bit as O'hara came on the radio. "Lower levels like engineering?" Toriin asked, knowing he'd left there some time ago to work on the message to be left behind. "Last i checked the crew was taken out that area for the time being so it could be vented. was some." he cleared his throat a moment, "Smoke down there that was causing difficulties. so we were planning to vent the area"

Tavor meanwhile had been hanging out in the cockpit of his heavy mech. and by hanging out that meant taking a quick nap. He jumped a bit as his radio came on with O'hara's voice, listening in to the conversation he decided to look over to his own monitors that gave off a dull purple glow. his mech having a small localised generator that supplied it with power. Which, was being made advantage of as it was now hooked up to the ship to provide it with some minimalistic power. He set on his own comm, "O'harra sir, i can provide a short boost in power? give a better sweep of the area in question"

Toriin paused, always having found the child strange. but unlike most diddn't feel him suspicious and diddn't link him with the event at the start of the trouble, or perhaps he was just being naieve
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Sat May 18, 2013 4:00 pm

"Yeah go ahead." Said O'Hara. "It was probably just a glitch or my eyes messing with me but, better safe than sorry."
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Sat May 18, 2013 4:07 pm

Tavor nodded to himself, setting about providing said boost to O'harra's systems, keeping an ear out for the comm as he did so in case new orders came.

Toriin meanwhile moved out fro his room, walking down the hall, ears picked as he too listned to the comm, making a passing wave to the crewmembers of the private quarter as he walked by.

Meanwhile O'hara's peraonal comm would sound, "O'harra. what's this about a glitch?" Sounded the gruffer older voice of the ship's captain, Koovu.
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Sat May 18, 2013 4:10 pm

Two minutes went by before O'Hara said anything. Four pings and no sign of whatever he saw earlier. "Still got nothing. Think the radar's on the fritz Captain, Picked up a heat signal on one of the lower decks. Nothing there now though."
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Sat May 18, 2013 4:22 pm

"Get one of the techs to check it out. we don't need more problems." The comm channel switched to include engineering staff. "I want an update on the status of the ship" the captain continued to speak as Toriin took the initiative to answer the captain as he was the most qualified to do so. "Life support is still stable Sir and we're slowly gaining ground on the other systems. we've vacated the area for teh time being due to the smoke issue. Venting the area now so we can continue"
    "And the electrical shorts?"
    "Down to a minimum Sir. its getting better, we'll be able to have the backup generators online in a week at this rate, giving us a significant boost in power, we'll be able to run secondary systems permanently. Tertiary will have to wait for the time being"
    "Good, keep me updated Toriin"
    "Sir."

josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Sat May 18, 2013 5:41 pm

Scott set his comm system down with a sigh. If the radar was on the fritz they could be in a league of trouble. Without radar they wouldn't be able to tell if there were any nearby ships passing by, or if some undesirable had made it's way on board. Or maybe it's working fine... Either option scared him. There shouldn't be anything living down there, if anything turned up again he decided, he would have to take action and send his more hardy security member down there to check up on it.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Sat May 18, 2013 5:47 pm

After a good long pause Tavor would speak in to the comm to O'hara. "Uh Sir? is the extra output still needed?" He enquired after not having heard anything about it, still sitting in the cockpit, now making random objects within it float about with his telekenetics
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Sat May 18, 2013 5:53 pm

"Not anymore thanks." Said Scott. "Couldn't see nuthin out of the ordinary." He continued to watch the map closely, still focusing on that one spot.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Sat May 18, 2013 5:59 pm

"Alright. i'll set it to the normal. anything else? could take a look at the software, see if there's a bug in it?"
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Sat May 18, 2013 6:11 pm

"Yeah go ahead, I'll let you techies deal with that, I'd probably end up making things worse if I touched it."
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Sat May 18, 2013 6:27 pm

"sure thing. i'll be up in a moment. Dealing with it remotely might take too much juice" he said before sliding his screens out of the way, his cockpit opening as he lifted himself out of it, quite literally floating over to the railing leading towards the inner level. He straightned his collar a bit, pulling it up to his cheeks before he shoved his hands within his pockets, making his way through the dark, his own eyes emmiting a purple glow. he let off a sigh as he glanced to himself in a reflective surface. "Damn tactical advantage that is. eighty percent of the ship -glows- in the fucking dark" he said irritably as he made his way up
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Sun May 19, 2013 2:52 pm

"Right." Said Scott as he est the radio down, turning his attention back to the radar as he waited on Tavor. Unlike most on the ship, Scott didn't have any issues with him, finding it somewhat humorous the amount of superstition and just plain ignorance that was going on in such a high tech vessel.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Sun May 19, 2013 3:05 pm

Tavor made his way up, generally ignoring most of the people he came across, or passing comments, a little known fact to most he understood every word they said, despite if it was said in a different language, quite frankly he diddn't really give a single damn. He made his way up to O'hara. walking through the doors as he looked up to him, "Hey"
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Sun May 19, 2013 3:08 pm

Scott waved Tavor inside. "Come on in. You need it off or on?" He asked about the radar.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Sun May 19, 2013 3:12 pm

"its alright, i'll handle it" He said as he walked in, moving to settle himself by the radar, pulling up a screen from his bracer, which, unlike the ship was of thro'vian technology instead of Regian. pulling up a holoscreen as he started to run a full diagnostic of the systems, looking for any existing or potential flaws or bugs in the systems
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Sun May 19, 2013 3:19 pm

Waiting on Tavor, Scott walked over to a nearby counter that held a water heater on it. Because someone was always on watch, the security run was filled with all the necessities. He pulled a mug from a nearby cabinet and placed it under the heater, letting hot water filling it. Then pulling a packet from a nearby drawer he opened it and emptied the powder within into his mug. Stirring it up he looked back to watch the radar. "So bout how long do these scans take?"
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Sun May 19, 2013 3:21 pm

"not long. I know the last one took a while, but that was because i had to convert the coding so that my tech could read it. complete different languages and levels you understand. shouldn't take that long, i'll be running a full diag. if i find nothing i'll double check the hardware. even though it should show up, you can't be too careful"
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Sun May 19, 2013 3:24 pm

Scott just nodded along with Tavor before walking over to the nearby fridge and pulling out a glass of whiskey and pouring a bit into his mug. He stirred it up again before raising it. "Gonna be one of those days I guess." He said before taking a sip.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Sun May 19, 2013 3:34 pm

Tavor stayed where he was a while, running the diagnostic twice just to make sure. "Well got some good news and some bad news" he said as he closed his screening. "Good news is, the syetems completely fine. bad news? no idea what could have caused the reading. i'll go ahead and go down to check on the sensors. see if anythings faulty at that level" he said whilst glancing back to O'hara
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Sun May 19, 2013 3:40 pm

Scott let out a sigh. "Yeah that's probably not a good idea. We know everything down there's screwed up, Could have been a rat brushing up against the wires or something bigger. I'll send a group down later to check it out."
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Sun May 19, 2013 3:42 pm

"Seriously going to wait on it?" He said as he glances back to him before shrugging, "hey, your call. i did what i came to do" He said before standing, closing up his bracer
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Sun May 19, 2013 3:44 pm

"Rather be safe than sorry." Said Scott. "Wait for more of the force to get up. Going down there with less than five men isn't my idea of a good plan."
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Sun May 19, 2013 3:47 pm

"specially with most of the people on this ship" he muttered to himself before waving, starting to move off. he diddn't hate the regians, hell he was thankful else he'd be a floating iceblock. but their tactical disadvantage in battled bugged him. he couldn't deny they had brilliant tech, but when it came to brute strength there was absolutely nothing to go on

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 9:59 pm