All Shades Of blue

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This used to be a nice neighborhood.

2 posters

Fallen Legends

josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Fallen Legends Empty Fallen Legends

Post by josh Sat May 15, 2010 3:07 am

It was a nice day with a cool breeze. Peaceful, quiet, and sunny. Not a trouble in the world. Out in the small river a boy was riding it downstream in a makeshift raft. He was laying on his back with his hat over his head,his eyes closed, and his head resting back on his arms. He had been away for almost a week now and was happy to be back home.

After a few minutes he reached the end of his ride. The bridge in front of him that went over the river was around twenty to thirty feet away from a waterfall that while not that high up, had many sharp, jagged rocks at the bottom of it.

When the raft got close enough to the bridge Cain tossed his bag up onto the low bridge and then readied himself. It was as simple as timing his jump just right. Right as the bridge passed over head Cain jumped. However due to the water under his feet and the instability of the raft he failed to grab a hold of the bridge and hit his head against it causing him to fall into the water and over the edge of the water fall.

A young girl sat near the river bank with her feet dangling in the water. In her hands she held a small plant that according to legend was able to grant the wishes of those that held on to it. (In reality when digested the plant had a hallucinogenic effect which caused a person to actually see their thoughts as if they were real.) The girl tool a deep breath and closed her eyes. "I wish... That my true love would come and take me away from this boring place!" When she slowly opened her eyes she was face to face with a gruesome sight. It looked like a person however it was soaking wet, covered with cuts and bruises, and if you looked closely enough you might have actually been able to see the inside of it's head. The creature let out a moan and grabbed a hold of the girls foot.

The girl, not knowing that the creature was actually Cain whom had just fallen from the waterfall and floated down stream just a few minutes ago, ran away with such speed that dirt was shot up higher than the tree tops. As she ran, screaming through the forest back up to the village Cains' body smashed into multiple trees, sometimes slicing right through them like a knife through butter.

Exiting the forest she cut through a flock of cattle out on the road. She managed to make it through without hitting any of them until one passed in front of her forcing her to make a sharp turn to the left, Cains' body however slammed into the poor cow and somehow managed to propel it up into the air and out of sight after it passed through a small cloud leaving a tiny hole where it had gone through.

The cow in question managed to fly almost forty miles north to the outskirts of a small hamlet. There a man was praying out by an old tree stump. "God... I know i don't ask much of you but please... I feel as though i made a mistake when i married my wife and abandoned my dream. She's awful.. I regret it everyday and... I want to leave her... But i'll leave it up to you. So please... I need to know what you want me to do.... Just give me a sign..." His wife then came outside and called out to him in an annoyingly high pitched voice. "Eustace. Are you out there? Come back inside.. my mother needs her sponge ba-" Her words were cut short when a cow (previously located outside the village of sweet water) fell on top of her at an amazing speed and dug a large crater in the earth where she once stood. The man walked over to the crater and saw what was left of his wife's' mangled body beneath the remains of the flaming cows' carcass. The man looked up at the sky and laughed. "Works for me!"

That man then went on to become a traveling puppeteer and through reasons which we cannot go into detail about due to copyright laws, Insured that his blood line became one of the most wealthy families in the world for twelve generations until a scandal with goats, sheep, and an entire football team brought the McCary family to ruin.

Meanwhile the girl whom Cain had attached himself to had made it to the village leaving a trail of destruction in her wake. Amazingly she manged to avoid plowing Cain through anything while in the town and actually managed to get him to let go of her after she ran into the church and slammed the doors shut, smashing him in between the doors during the process.

Cain laid there for a few minutes before he finally regained consciousness after one of the nuns pushed him back out of the church and rolled him down the steps. It was then that he uttered his first words since he came near the village. ".......Ow"
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Fallen Legends Empty Re: Fallen Legends

Post by Vox Sat May 15, 2010 4:05 am

Mehnwile in a small prison cell on the outskirts of the town of sweetwater loud and terrible howls wafted from the cell out into the streets.
    "AWOOO!!!!! you can't keep me here for long! Let me go!" One of the guards had his hands clasped over his ears, "FOR THE LOVE OF.... SHUT UP!!!!! Its only been an hour but i feel my ears bleading!"
    The dark elf stopped her ranting and fitted a sweet innocent smile on her face, "That mean you'll let me go now eh?" The guard hazerded his hands away from his ears, "Oh hell no. I'm going to enjoy watching you hang. You should of know better than to have even attempted to steal relics from our fair church!"
    "Church smurch, i find you humans quite amusing to be perfectly honest." The guard went red in the face, "DEMON! makes me wonder if you'll carry on talking even when youre dead." The dark elf laughed so hard that it put a strain on the chains that were pinning her hands to the wall, "Demon, on thats rich! Big difference between dark elves and demons...." she thought for a slight moment, "well..... some of them anyway." she glanced at the guard who had removed his hands completely from his ears, with a broad grin on her face she let out another shrill yowl that pierced the guards eardrums. "SHUTUP!" the elf laughed again and chanted childishly whilst tilting her head side to side in a mocking manner, "Got you! got you!" The guard drew his halberd a scowl on his face, "Forget the hanging! i'm dealing with you right here right now!" The elf stopped her chanting and adapted a sly grin to her face, "I wooooouuuuuldn't." The guard stopped from unlocking the chains from the cell door, "Oh, and why the hell not?!"
    "My brother would be very angry if you tried anything."
    "You'r brother huh, and why should i even give a damn about your brother huh?"
    "Ever hear of the Viper King?" Now it was the guards turn to let out a hearty laugh, in fact he laughed so hard he started to feel a pain in his side, "Like i havn't heard that one before." he assumed a high pitched voice, presumably immatating one of the previous prisoners, "You better let me go, or the Viper King will come get you" this only made him laugh more. "You honestly think me to beleive that?! he's not even you'r foul race. You don't even look remotely alike."
    The elf chuckled, "Oh? so youve met him eh?" the guard stopped laughing and wiped at his watering eyes for a moment, "No, but weve recieved elaborate portraits of that man through reliable scources. Foul demon with raven black hair, hell red eyes and a name that would shake the foundations of the earth itself." these comments only made the elf laugh harder than she ever did before, "you guys like exagerating don't you?..." she was about to continue when there was a loud explosion that came from the enterance, the elf let off a chuckle, "Me thinks you pissed him off." The guards face had gone pale and he redied his weapon in the direction of the blast, little did he know that a giant Viper had slithered from behind and was buisy curling itself round the Guard, whilst its master with the same name approached from the front. As he reached the cell he folded his arms and gazed upon his half sister, "Well well Onyx.... I always said you looked good behind bars, but i never thought you'd actually get caught in such a small town."
    Onyx complained for a moment before guesturing at her chains, " 'Cumon Vi get me oudda here! these cuffs are starting to hurt." with that Viper started to chant, the inner circle of the cuff icing up whilst the outer started to redden with the heat. Within a short moment the metal weakned and snapped off, freeing the dark elf.
    She rubbed her wrists a short moment before walking playfully up to the guard who had now been robbed of all color, "See? i told you so." With that she skipped out of the small building through the gaping hole that her brother had blasted through the front. After a sort while her brother followed after.
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Thu May 20, 2010 2:08 am

After a short while Cain stood in front of his home. It was a good sized home at two stories tall. It was in decent shape, Nothing a new coat of paint couldn't fix. Course the location wasn't all that perfect. It was supposedly built on the hill that had been cursed a long time ago as well as being located near the city prison so no one ever lived there. That is until Cain moved in. He walked inside, tossed his bag onto the table and threw himself onto the couch. The nuns lecture was still reverberating inside his head. She had spent nearly two hours giving him a speech about honesty, trust, discipline, righteousness...... Shit that he really didn't give a damn about. Sure he wasn't the evil monster that everyone made him out to be, but he wasn't exactly a saint either. He had been known to make a bit of trouble every now and then. Though he knew that he would have to be on his best behavior tomorrow. Rumors were going around that a group of knights that were said to be in the company of a paladin were going to be in town tomorrow.

Too exhausted to even lock the front door Cain kicked off his boots and fell asleep there on the couch.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Thu May 20, 2010 3:57 am

Onyx stretched and placed her hands behind her head before glancing back at Viper, "You know... you could of waited a few muinits.... OH! or you could of waited until the actual hanging! Yea that would of been an awesome show! people screaming, arrows flying!" she made a motion with her hands as if it imitate Viper's casting routine, "Magic shooting everywhere!" she was so excited dreaming up the scene that would of been to notice that Viper was paying no heed of her, instead looking down the street, his pupil less eyes seeming to look further than anyone being looked at would feel comfortable with.
    After awhile Onyx walked up to Viper and waved her hand in front of his face, "Helooooooo? Earth to Vi, Anyone home?" Viper let out a sigh and gently grasped her hand and moved it away from his face, "I think we better find some place to hide for awhile..... it seems that the townsfolk have taken notice of us..."
    Onyx looked back at the smoldering hole in the wall before answering sarcastically, "Yea... i wonder how that happened..... you could of just used the door ya know?" she said as she pointed to it over her shoulder. The door had remained untouched, despite the smoldering ruin beside it.
    Viper chuckled, "It was locked." he said before making a quick glance around for an escape route as the townsfolk started to become aware of them. "There!" he pointed towards a building on a hill not far off. "we can quickly slip in without notice.. hopefully they won't come looking for us." They started off at a run towards the building, Onyx still ranting on how Viper could of just blasted the door to pieces.

Meanwhile inside the prison the giant viper had disappeared, and all evidence besides a smoldering hole in the wall and broken handcuffs, was gone. The one guard that bore witness to the hole event had been driven mad and was slowly rocking himself in a corner, his sense of perception warped by his fear.

"So, should we knock on the door or just blast through the wall next to it?" Onyx said jokingly to Viper. He chuckled, "very funny.... huh thats odd.." he said as his hands rested on the door handle to push the door open, "Its not locked..." before the door had fully opened, Onyx had barrel rolled into the house, daggers raised.
    "Now now... we don't want to start any trouble." but before he could say any more Onyx had already moved to the couch where she stared down at the white haired male. She peered down the side of his face inquisitively and noted his ears, "Hey look Vi," she said with a wide grin "they’re almost like yours." Viper walked forward after investigating the rest of the room, happy that they were presumably safe for the moment he took a slight step forward to his sister, still keeping his distance. "A half elf then..." he said whilst feeling the very small tips of his own, even though they were much flatter than a normal half elf. "Onyx.... what are you doing....." he said as he watched her fetch a short stick that was lying on the floor before poking the white haired male on the side of his face with the stick. "Seeing if he's alive..." This sort of inquisitiveness wasn't uncommon to Onyx at all and because of that Viper wasn't that surprised, but couldn’t help but chuckle at the intense look of concentration on Onyx's face.
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Fri May 21, 2010 1:10 am

Cain's eyes slowly opened up and he sat up. He stared at the two for a short while in a daze before he spoke softly. "Pee..." He got up off the couch and walked to the bathroom and shut the door. After a few minutes he flushed the toilet, walked out and went upstairs. As he reached the top of the stairs he let out a yell. "WAIT A MINUTE!!!!" He rushed back down the stairs and stopped in front of the two intruders and pulled out his dagger from his belt. "Who the hell are you and why are you in.... my....... House?" His eyes had become glued to Onyx's cleavage and he was at a lost for words. What he was able to say was a mix of mumbling, rambling and the occasional gibberish. Not too surprising considering he had never seen a dark elf before. That and the women of the town dressed in a much more conservative fashion compared to her, nor were they as attractive.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Fri May 21, 2010 5:17 am

Onyx watched with an eyebrow raised as cain got up from the couch and went about his buisness. she looked towards Viper for a moment only to see him shrug back at her. The moment Cain snapped to and ran back down the stairs Viper couldnt help but laughing. Onyx on the other hand had rused up the stairs to the mumbling Cain before latching onto him like a monkey not even paying remote attention to the knife, "Awwwwww he's so cute! Can we keep him huh Vi? pweeeese. i always wanted a local."
    Viper shook his head as he brought his thin oak staff forward as a precautionary measure. "It's a person... not a pet."
    "BUT! ive seen people with pet people before!" Viper facepalmed for jus a moment, "Those are slaves Onyx.... And you know how we feel about them. now please let the gentleman go..." With a slight moan Onyx let go of Cain, and little to his notice she removed the knife from his person.
    "My apopogies. Allow us to explain, you seem to be quite the understanding person so ill keep it breaf.... What Onyx?!" Viper snapped as he glanced back at his sister who had joined him at his side, her hand waving in the air. "I don't think he's listning Vi....." He let out a sigh as he noticed Cain's gaze. "Typical." With that he promptly stood infront of Onyx, blocking her from view.... all but her face peeping round from the side. "As i was saying..." "Can i interupt again...." Viper let out a sigh "Why don't you tell him our prediciment then. but try not to leave anything out..... you know what happned the last time."
    "OK!" Onyx replied with a broad grinn before Quickly talking through the event, "My brother and i were born in the small town of shale nearby the coast," at that point Viper buried his face in his hand i should of known...., "After that we ran away and were found by monks who brought us up, a few years ago we were thrown out and i became a professional theif and my brother a mage, we came across your town and i saw a shiny thing in the chapel that looked it would be worth some coin, so i stole it, got cought, got thrown in jail with the sentence to hang, Viper.. thats him.." she hastily pointed to her half brother, "Blew up the wall to the prizon, broke me free, we ran in here and here we are!"
    "What Onyx said is true, however she left out the part where theres a potential mob forming at the base of town looking for us, hence we need your building to hide in. And before you ask the all too predictable question why would i help you is because youre outnumbered two to one and that number could increase drasticly at any given moment. Especially if you continue to stare at Onyx..."
    "Now now Vi be nice.."
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Sat May 22, 2010 2:36 am

Cain almost had a heart attack when Onyx jumped him. As the two went told him their story he continued to stare at Onyx's exposed cleavage not really paying any attention except to the last part. He eyes narrowed down to slits and he flashed Viper a dangerous grin. He spoke in an almost threatening tone of voice "Outnumbered eh? You think that's a good enough reason? Ha.. Don't make me laugh... Numbers in a battle don't mean shit if your opponent is a thousand stronger than you. I say bring your mob. I'll do as i always have and fight em off by myself. You're looking at the best fighter within a hundred miles!! I'VE NEVER LOST A SINGLE FIGHT AND I'M NOT STARTING NOW!!!! I'LL BEAT EVERYONE IN MY WAY!!!" He started to chuckle like a mad man for a few moments then stopped. "But..... Ya know something..." He pointed to Onyx with his right hand and gave Viper a thumbs up with his left. "Your sister's hot and that's a good enough reason for me! You two make yourselves right at home. There's food in the kitchen, Help yourselves. There's two extra bedroom down here, a bathroom down the hall, Spare blankets in the cabinet next to the bathroom, and possibly a spare change of clothes.. no telling what i've got round here."
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Sat May 22, 2010 3:10 am

Viper glared at Cain before pointing his staff mennacingly at him, odly enough his hair started to change color from its usual silver-bronze to a raven black and his vacant blue eyes turning a bright crimson, every moment looking more like the man on the wanted posters all over town with the name Viper king. "Just you dare try anything with her and well see how much you like it as a pile of ash!"
    Onyx quickly stood infront of Viper, "Vi, calm down!" He ignored her flat. If there was one thing Onyx couldnt stand, it was being ignored. she folded her arms impatiently before grabbing Viper on the ear and bringing him down to her eyelevel, "OK TIME OUT!!!" The moment Onyx dragged him down he lost his consentration and his apperence quickly changed back to normal. "He's being nice, so you be nice!" with that she dragged the bent over Viper to the side of the room before letting go of his ear ,"Ow! what the hell was that for! i was just warning is all."
    "Uhuh.... Planning to summon an undead army of snakes or whatnot dosnt sound like a warning to me. Now be nice ok? least you could do?" Viper grumbled and crossed his arms before sitting on the couch.

With that out of the way Onyx walked back to Cain with her usual grin on her face, "Please excuse him... kinda overprotective....... and uuuh..... you won't tell anyone who we are right? since somebody got angry enough to show hos other face so to speak. You know, youre probably thinking that we dont exactly look alike. well you wouldnt beleve what sort of mix he is" she said with a chuckle to herself, "Try dark elf and aasimar, now thats an odd mix wouldnt you say? Yea mother had two husbands... one dude got himself killed then she remarried... you know how it goes..."
    Viper sat on the couch, pretending as if not to listen, but trying to make sure that Onyx diddnt say anything stupid. In the mean time he noticed a white snake curling round his leg, amongst all the confusion he had involentarily summoned the snake. to keep himself from doing anything brash he picked up the snake and allowed it to move arond his arm to rest itself on his shoulders.
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Sat May 22, 2010 4:12 am

Cain nodded. "Course i won't tell anyone. First of all i doubt you'll both be here in the morning and second..... I.. Don't really talk to anyone here in town. Not really all that popular if you now what i mean." He looked at Viper. "As for you snake boy. You best be on your best behavior while you're in my house.. Got it?" For one short instant it seemed as though an aura of pure evil was pouring out of Cain. But it left as quickly as it appeared. "Well anyways.. Just call me if you need anything. As for me... I need to go to bed... Been out in the woods for a week and i'm tired as all hell........ Stink too........ Damnit....... Screw it........ Bath first then bed. " He walked into the bathroom and shut the door not really caring what the other two did. Shortly after the sound of running water started to come from behind the bathroom door.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Sat May 22, 2010 4:59 am

Viper scowled as he thought he felt something, it was there for only a brief moment, but it was gone before he could get a lock on it. He sat up from the couch and snapped his hood over his head to come down just before his eyes, hiding his face in shadow, "Onyx... im going to see whats the situation outside and if we can leave yet.... I don't think i can stand to be around this stale town for much longer."
    Onyx chuckled, "Ooook then, but i think someones pissed because i think that out hoast is cute." she said in a rather taunting manner, "Its not like youre my dad or anything that everyone has to go through your approval Vi, relax alittle k?" Viper mearly grunted and walked out the door, the snake still sitting on his shoulders. As he walked out the door he was met by crouded streets, everyone with either a torch, pitchfork or a large cross in hand, all presumably looking for him. He let out a sigh before quietly noting to himself, "Odd how Onyx does the actual crimes and yet im always the one who gets the bounty." He tenced up for a moment as he saw someone headding streight for him, a burly man, armed in steel from head to toe, "Damn youngin..... there be a dangerous demon on the loos 'ere best not to be outside." he paused a moment as he noticed the snake on his shoulder, "Thats be yours?"
    Viper mearly nodded, "Its a pet." The man studied him for a moment "ye look vaguely fermiliar.... you new in sown or summin?" Viper nodded again, "Just passing through, simply a traider."
    "Oh? and what you be traiding in this town?" "Odds and ends, repairs and the like."
    The man studied him again for a moment, thankfully he wasnt able to see vipers eyes as they still showed a tinge of red, not to metion that they were beyond normal. "Right, ye best be on then. we plan to do a full sweep of the city at dusk til dawn, make sure tha' demon cant get out easy. Good day to you." with that the man tipped his helm and walked away, viper letting out a slight sigh of relief before he noticed a piece of parchment stuck on a nearby wall. "aaw.. great..... here too now..." he said before ripping the poster off the wall and heading back inside the house.
    "So... howd it go?" Onyx asked with a chuckle. As a reply Viper threw her the poster and sat himself down. "Its going to be impossible to get out of this place tonight, our best bet seemes to be noon tomorrow."
    "Someones bounty went up.... and i have to say, " she chuckled, "Theyre getting much better at getting your face right..... Aaaanyway me thinks ill go tell our hoast the news that well be staying a bit longer than expected." Viper was about to stop Onyx but she reached the top of the stairs before he could stop her.
    Completely forgetting about the whole shower thing Onyx just opned the door and sat down on the floor, "Hey, sorry to innterupt you but it seems well be stayng a bit longer, townsfolk are doing a sweep the whole night and morning to well have to leave in the afternoon." she paused a moment, "OH! and it seems that Vi has his face plastered all over the city too!"

Fallen Legends One_pi10
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Sun May 23, 2010 3:12 am

Cain's eyes went wide when Onyx burst in the room. Trying to pull the bath curtains closed he slipped and fell out of the shower landing almost right in front of Onyx. His whole face turned a bright shade of red as he desperately tried to cover himself. "DON'T YOU PEOPLE KNOCK!?!?!?! WHERE YOU RAISED IN A FREAKING BARN SOMEWHERE?!?!!?"
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Sun May 23, 2010 3:48 am

Onyx laughed at the scene before answering innocently, "we were brought up In a monastery silly. and i thought it only fair to inform you on what happened." Onyx fitted a smile on her face, seemingly ignoring the fact that Cain was in the buff. After a moment she got to her feet and threw him a towel on her way out.
    "And?" Viper merely said as she entered the room. "Our host has a nice muscle tone."
    Viper stared at her for a moment before shaking his head, "I'm not even going to ask...." he paused for a moment before getting up to look out of the window, the sky was beginning to darken. He quickly pulled the curtains closed as someone with a torch ventured too close for his liking. "We should probably get some sleep... once theyve found nothing hopefully they'l give up the search."
    "Heres an idea Vi...." Onyx said whilst leaning up against the wall, "Why don't I turn you in as the viper king, I collect the gold, you change back and bust out? problem solved! no more bounties."
    Viper shook his head, "Too much of a risk... I might be seen the way i am now and then were truly screwed."
    Onyx thought a moment, "well.... actually... only you'd be." "Gee.... thanx. But still besides that fact they would cave court wizards place wards around my cell so i can't cast or summon anything. that or they would just try deal with me the moment im turned in." Onyx chuckled manically before making a motion with her hands, "Then BLOW EM TO BITS!"
    Viper shook his head. "I'd want to make a vigil of the town for an hour or two but i dont feel at ease leaving you here with him"
    "Pffft Vi, youre really funny you know that? HA! classic. ill be fine, besides, unless he has another few daggers laying about i took the one from his belt on our meeting."
    "No Onyx... something just dosnt feel right about that guy." Onyx Mimicked viper, "Something just dosnt feel right with that guy. C'umon vi. Listen to yourself... " she let out a chuckle, "Besides if he's any stranger than you than you probably would of known by now eh?"
    "I guess, but still. This whole place just seems off. the sooner we leave the happier ill be." Onyx shook her head before heading off to an empty room before falling back onto the bed. "He worries too much..." she said before curling up and falling asleep. Meanwhile Viper sat at the base of the stairs with his arms and legs folded and back against the wall, his staff resting horizontally on his knee. He had a perfect view of the front door as well as the stairs, if anything came from either direction, he'd br the one to know about it. After awhile the room darkened, his eyes seeming to give off a luminescent glow.
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Tue May 25, 2010 1:50 am

Cain quickly finished his shower then walked back to his room with a towel rapped around his waste just in case anyone else decided to go upstairs. He shut the door behind him as he walked into his room and threw on a pair of pants and flopped down onto his bed. He closed his eyes and tried his best to fall asleep.

The palace halls were eerily quiet. The birthday party for the prince was still going strong down stairs. What had started as a rather boring affair blew up into an orgy of sex, drugs, and alcohol. The prince however was nowhere to be seen. He disappeared shortly after the festivities began. Many simply presumed that he had made off with some girl that had caught his eye. The truth was known only to two people. His younger brother had arrived just before the party began. And the odd sage that came with him. His large, black and red striped robe hid his features under the hood. He walked down the hall to the room where the prince and his younger brother had gone to. When he opened the door he was met with the sight of the prince laying face first on the bed with a long knife penetrating his spine. Standing in the large window in front of the bed stood a figure staring out at the city below.

“I take it the negotiations failed?” The sage asked in a casual tone of voice. The man in the window turned and walked towards the sage, stopping to pull the knife out of his brother. “On the contrary. They went along just fine. He signed the documents to allow us passage through his lands of his own free will. He even put his seal on them.” The man tossed a small pouch containing the documents to the sage who caught the pouch with his left hand and sighed. “Then may I ask why you killed your brother?” The man shrugged and answered nonchalantly. “Didn’t have a reason not to.” The sage chuckled softly. “And that my dear boy is precisely why I believe that you will not make a great leader. You do not understand why it is important to surround yourself with allies.” The man patted the sage on the shoulder as he walked past him and out the door. “Of course I do Al. So that way if you screw up.. You can put the blame on them.”

Out in the brightly lit halls the sage could see the man much better. His name was Zedale. His last name was known and uttered by only those whom shared his blood. The blood of the eastern Emperor himself. He was young, could barely be considered a man at all. He had only seen sixteen winters. His brown, unkempt, shoulder-length hair continuously fell in his face, almost covering his dark brown eyes. Much to the displeasure of many within his family. One of noble blood such as he should be well kept and presentable at all times. Though him being the third youngest out of almost thirty children. Zedale didn’t see the point in playing dress up for his father. Because unlike the other twenty-eight children, Zedale had no intention of earning his fathers’ favor by impressing him with manners and deeds. No.. Zedale had other plans. Though for now he was focused on escaping his brothers’ city before his murder was discovered.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Tue May 25, 2010 3:57 am

Onyx tossed and turned for ahwile before she just gave up... it diddnt just feel right sleeping at night. Ever since they had been thrown out from the monestary the night had prooven their best friend. A time for getting what they needed, and a time for slipping in and out of places of interest. She lay there on her back for ahwile, staring into space before she eventually got up from the bed and carefully walked out from the room. After examining her surroundings she confidenly stepped out from her room, only to be met by a blast of lightning, thankfully she was able to dosge the attack before glaring at Viper. who's eyes wer wide at the fact that he nearly fried his sibling.
    "VI!" she shouted in a loud whisper as not to wake their hoast, "You almost vaporised me!!!"
    Viper threw his hands up in a defencive position, "Honest mistake really!"
    Onyx placed her hands on her hips, "Yea whatever.... i take it you can't sleep either?" Viper nodded. "Were too accustomed to being active at night it seems. But we can't make a move until midday. Theres just too many people out there." "Heres an idea... how bout we just run and level whoever comes after us." Viper glared at Onyx a moment, "Were people of nesesity. we take what we need..."
    "In other words theives...." Viper shook his head, "Only you are the real theif here.... but were not Murderurs of innocents. No matter how they may project us to be that way."
    "Still.... Im getting bored round here. Nothing to do really." "Well..... the humans are pretty amusing to watch." he let off a chuckle, "the way they go about searching is quite funny."
    Onyx grinned and ran over to the window to watch them. Sure enough there they were, one hand stretched out wide with a cross or some trinket, as if to scare out the 'demon' from his hiding.
    Viper stood nexto the window and chuckled, "how bout we make this alittle interesting eh?"
    Onyx looked at him with an intregued look on her face, "How?? tell me tell me????"
    "Simple..... summon up a body double that looks like just what theyre looking for."
    "Oh please do!"
    With that Viper grinned and started to chant, sure enough a figure with a long black cloak materialised in the corner of an allyway furthest from the house. the figure looked just like Vipers alternate form.... all except the emagined hornes sprouting from its head. Viper chuckled "This should be interesting." He let the figure walk into plain sight, and sure enough it was quickly noticed. The congured body dounle ran in circles round the town, this way and that, a trail of people trailing after it. As it reached the centre of town the figure dissapered, its form seperating into a fine mist that quickly evaporated. The townsfolk just stood there and stared.
    "Vi....... why diddnt you do that before? and let it get captured???"
    "Unfortunately a full body double like that only lasts alittle while. Might last longer but i don't want to wear myself out, just incase something does happen."
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Wed May 26, 2010 2:10 am

After what seemed to be a few hours Cain finally fell asleep. Though it wasn't a quiet one. It very rarely ever was. The nightmares came on cue. Visions of fire and death filled his mind. He could do nothing but watch as entire continents were swallowed by the flames. People were slaughtered in their homes, Cities were razed to the ground, empires crumbled, demons swarmed the lands flooding them in the blood of the innocent, It was the end of all things that tormented him. An end which he feared would come very soon. He once swore that he stop this end from happening by any means necessary. But right now, All the boy could do was whimper and moan in his sleep. Hoping that the nightmares would end.

Ten steps.. That's as far as Zedale and Alrin had gotten before the murder was discovered and the guards were summoned. The hall in front of them was soon packed full of heavily armed guards. A young man strolled to the front and glared at Zedale. "Are you the one.... Who killed Kah-tan?" Zedale shrugged. "Weeell... There's Killed him.. and then there's, I slipped and my knife just happened to bury itself into his spine." The young man unsheathed his saber and pointed it at Zedale's chest. "I'm am Kah-san. Son of Kah-tan. You killed my father... Prepare to die."

Zedale turned and patted Alrin on the shoulder and sighed. "You've been good to me Al. I hope you know how important you are to me..... Not enough to risk my life. GOOD LUCK!" Without a seconds delay Zedale took off running into a nearby window, crashing through the glass and falling down onto the roof. He stood up and saw that he was eye level with the window he just crashed through. "Huh.... Well that didn't go as planned." He ran down towards the edge of the roof yelling back at Alrin. "I'll meet you back at camp Al!" He then jumped off the roof and out of sight.

The guards split up. Half followed Kah-san out the window while the other stayed and tried to corner Alrin. "Alrin cracked a devious grin. Under his robed his right arm began to glow as blood red ruins began to cover it" So.. The seventeen of you intend to face me?....... I'm insulted." He threw back the hood that hid his face revealing snow white hair and a scar that covered the area around his left eye then charged at the guards.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Wed May 26, 2010 12:16 pm

After a few hours of staring blankly out the window anyone would of died of boredom... evin if it might of been vaguely interesting seeing the peoples reactions of the body double that Viper had produced. Onyx looked over to the couch to find her brother in deep sleep, his hands curled over the neack of his Thin Oak staff. Onyx let out a sigh. With her Bored out of her mind and not the least bit sleepy theres no telling what could happen. She turned round and lent her back up against the wall before casually sliding down into a crouched over sitting position. She sat there a few more moments, playing her dagger in her hand, the emerald in its hilt reflecting what little light there was in the room. "I wonder if our hoast is awake.." she said softly to herself before getting up from the ground and slowly making her way towards Cain's room. She stood facing his closed door for what seemed to be close to thirty munites before silently opening the door, not even a footsetp was heard as she took a slight step forward and closing the door. She hadn't watched anyone besides Viper sleep before, and he almost never even stirred. But it seemed Cain was the exact opposite. Must be having a bad dream or something. Onyx felt like she wanted to help. Not knowing exactly how.... and not wanting to get shouted at again she merely sat on the floor in the corner of the room and watched.
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Fri May 28, 2010 2:43 am

Cain started to mutter louder in his sleep. He tossed and turned violently. 'no.... NO. no.. Stop.. Stoo.... stop it.. Make it stop...no...NOOO..... Village..... people....Naked... Indian..... Chaps. Y.... Ca....." He bolted up right with a yell. He quickly calmed down and remembered where he was. "Oh shit. "He took a deep breath." Damn.. That was messed up." He chuckled. He looked up and saw Onyx sitting in the corner and quickly turned a dark shade of red due to embarrassment. "Oh... Uhhhh.. sorry heheh.. I.. Didn't wake you up did i?"
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Fri May 28, 2010 2:04 pm

Onyx stared at Cain for a few moments, her head tilted slightly to the side. "UUuh. not really no. Couldn't sleep. Used to being up at odd hours and all... Besides. looks like you needed someone to talk to. I mean you are ok right? I mean.... i havn't watched anyone besides Vi sleep before."she chuckled a moment, "Hell if you diddnt know better you would thing he died or something." she thought a moment before casually getting up from the ground to sit on the furthest side of the bed, "never did catch you'r name."
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Fri May 28, 2010 2:18 pm

A look of confusion spread over Cain's face. "Talk? Uhhh.. Noo... Not really." He scratched the back of his head. "Though now that you mention it.... Do you know what the Y.M.C.A. is? Had this song about it playing in my head.. Didn't sound like a normal song either.. was kinda..... Funky. Oh.. And i'm uhh... Cain..." He waited for the panic. Most people tended to freak out when hearing his name. After all. Cain was the one whom betrayed the prophet Amaros and murdered him in his sleep. After that it was forbidden for anyone to carry the name of Cain. But then he suddenly noticed something..... There was a girl on his bed.. With him. He began to sweat heavily when something else came to mind. Without a shirt the markings on his back were plainly visible. He hoped that the rumors of Dark elves being able to see perfectly in the dark were just stories. Not taking any chances though he quickly laid back down trying to hide the demonic markings that covered his back and crept up to his shoulders.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Fri May 28, 2010 2:38 pm

Onyx grinned, "Cain. Nice name." she chucked. "Mother wasn't actually very inventive with me and Vi. Apparently the day she gave bith to him she was bitten by a viper on the way home." she chuckled a moment. "Said it was an 'omen' and so called him that. Me? well. Spur of the moment i guess. Left too soon to get the whole story. I heard Vi talking one day. Apparently we left because our family were going to sell us as slaves and whatnot when the traders came. No idea if its true tho. but thats what he told the monks anyway." She turned her aterntion to an object that she had attatched to her belt. A metalic looking ball with precious jems etched into the sides. She tossed it carelessly around in her hands. "Guess i should be giving this back or something. Don't think ill be able to sell it.... That or id have to go a while away." She chuckled and threw it out the open window. the ball flew out and hit a passerby on their head with a reverberating ring.
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Sun May 30, 2010 11:51 pm

Cain sat up and brought his knees up to his chest. "Kinda wish i could say the same. Bout running away i mean. My parents weren't exactly perfect if you know what i mean... Named me after one of the most hated man in human history. Basically signed my own death warrant for me." He spoke to himself. "Among other things..." He looked back up at Onyx trying his best not to ogle her. "So umm... Where will you guys go to in the morning? The farthest i've been is the old mining town up north. Buut i could lead you guys up there if you guys are heading up that way. I know the land around here pretty well. That is.. If you need a guide.."

There was no where else to run. Zedale had ran as far as he could go. To his front, left and right the city guards had him surrounded. And to his behind. An almost eighty foot drop from the city walls. The city had been built on the edge of a high cliff, A strategical advantage. On one hand it ensured that they could only be attacked from three sides. but on the other it also gave the townspeople a way out. Large tunnels had been dug under the city down towards the bottom of the cliff allowing the city to be evacuated if need be.

Kah-san stepped towards Zedale with his saber once again pointed at Zedale. "You've no where left to run murderer. You're beaten. Now surrender and come quietly. You have no other choice." Zedale snickered then jumped onto of the battlement and faced the rising sun. "Beaten? Surrender?... Come quietly? Kid........ Just who the hell..... DO YOU THINK I AM!?!?!?!" He quickly turned and faced Kah-San. With the sun behind his back he raised his finger and pointed to the sky. "ALRIGHT YOU BASTARDS LISTEN UP! When they talk of the impenetrable will from the eastern sands They're talking about me! When they whisper of the force that will one day rule over every rock on this earth.. They're talking about me. When you hear of the youngest son, whom spat in the face of the emperor himself... That is none other than me.. ZEDALE! REMEMBER THE NAME YOU DUMB SHITS!!!" He clenched his hand in the air into a fist. "Mine is the will.. The might. THE DESTINY... TO DO THE IMPOSSIBLE!!!" Kah-San looked at Zedale with a look of complete uninterest. "Okay screw, it just kill him." Zedale smirked and did the unthinkable. He did a back flip off the wall and fell to his doom... Or so everyone thought.

Seconds before Zedale hit the ground a geyser of sand shot up and hid Zedale from view. After it cleared the guards were unable to see Zedale's body anywhere. Moments later one of the guards called out. "THERE HE IS!!" He pointed down the cliff away from where Zedale fell. What the men saw shocked and confused them. Zedale was riding away on a horse that seemed to appear out of nowhere. Zedale turned the hours around and yelled back at the men. "I almost forgot! When they also speak of the man who rides the very sands of the desert themselves.. THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT ME! HAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!" He spurred his horse onward rode away from the town till he was out of sight. Kah-San leaned up against the battlement and asked in a daze of confusion. "Did that..... really just happen?"
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Mon May 31, 2010 11:52 am

Onyx grinned, "Of course, a guide could be quite helpful." She got up from the end of the bed and walked from one end of the room to the other with her hands behind her head. "Sure Vi's not going to be verry happy.... You two reeeeaaly don't seem to like each other do ya." she paused a moment. "I wonder why." she said in a slightly sarcastic way before sitting back down on the bed. "Heh. you have no idea how many people he's chased off." she chuckled, "One dude that i liked a few years back, Vi scared him so bad i swear he was inches from dying. The look on his face was classic." she let out a sigh, "See Vi's more bark than bite... or thats the way i see it anyway. Never seen him been pushed far enough to reduce someone to ashes." she chuckled again, "That is, ive never been around when he's truly lost it." She glanced back at Cain, "But im guessing youre pretty strong too. " she chuckled a moment, "Considering that little monologue you gave my brother when we came in here."

Vipers eyes snapped open, his usual waking ritual. If he wasn't sleeping like the dead he'd be more awake than a hyper active child on caffene. He sat up on the couch and rubbed his eyes for a moment. Quickly he noted that it had gotten quiet. No townsfolk chetting, no torches moving outside, nothing. He got to his feet before sidestepping over to the window, parting the curtain at its side to confirm his suspicions. Outside all was quiet. this isn't right... where are they. Viper qietly started to mumble to himself as he conjured a suspicious black snake, its eyes turned read as so did his. He slid down the wall and sat himself down as he took over the snake, making it slither out into the street. It not getting very far before a townsmember jumped out from the bushed with a yell, cutting its head from its body with a sharp and rusty shovel. Viper jumped from the sharp severing of the connection, something he could never get used to. He peered out of the window again after he shook the cold feeling of a spede being driven through his neack and spine.
    An elderly man crept out from the bushes after the youth killed the snake and hit him olong the side of his head with the handle of his own. "Idiot! you could of ruined the ambush! now get back before were seen."
    Viper shook his head before noting quietly to himself, "great... locals are trying to get clever.. Anyone not hididng away wating to pounce will be singled out." he leaned back against the wall, "Guess ill just have to try again later." the thought of a blunt object ripping through flesh that isn't even his own bringing a chill down his spine.
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:13 am

Excitement rose up inside Cain. He finally had a way out of the village, And with such a cute girl too. The thought of Viper burning him to ashes didn't even faze him. He jumped up to his feet on top of the bed and without a second thought hug tacked Onyx. "YES!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I swear you won't regret taking me with..... you..." His excitement quickly faded as he felt two soft lumps on either side of his head. His entire body turned a dark red as he quickly dislodged himself from, Onyx's cleavage. " I.. i i i i i.... I di dd ididin't mean to..... Do that.... I'm I'm I'm. sss ory....." He felt like he could faint at any moment, fearful that Onyx would go mad and attack him or call her brother. But at the same time he couldn't believe how lucky he had gotten. Most guys would kill for a chance like that and yet just a few seconds ago he had accomplished the stuff of legends.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:05 am

Onyx froze, her own face going a light shade of red, in all honesty it looked more like a purple because of her skintone. After a moment she slapped him across the face and folded her arms "Pervert!" the sound of the slap was louder than she thought it would be as she remembered just who was downstairs. With that she rushed to the door closed and locked it before putting her back to it. "You better hope no one heard that..." she said whilst guesturing her head towards the door.
    A moment of silence passed and she let out a sigh of relief, but she relaxed herself too soon. Just then she felt the door buckle under her as Viper threw his entire bodyweight onto the door. "Shit..." she said quietly to herself as Viper rammed the door again, feeling as it was about to give way she quickly unlocked it and opned the door, timing it with Vipers next motion. He rushed in but fell flat on his face as he hadn't met resistance. As he got to his feet Onyx jumped infront of Cain with her arms streatched out wide.
    Viper's eyes radiated a crimson light as his hair turned a raven black, his eyes seeming to have a bottomless quality to them. "Vi.... Breathe.. No one got hurt... nothing happned.... Lets be civil about this."
    Viper chuckled, his voice seemed to eccho within itself. "Civil huh? Im wondering..... Would you of hit him if he was being civiil hmmmn?" he paused "Or was it he that hit you then hmmn? Judging by how red your faces are something must of transpired hmmmn?"
    "You wouldnt want to hurt the only way out of this town would you?"
    Viper raised an eyebrow "Oh really? Id rather level this town as you suggested than travel with this...."
    Onyx let out a sigh, "Fine then.... have at it." she said stepping to the side, her arms lowered.
    Viper grinned manically, "Glad youre finally seeing things my way." with that he rushed at Cain with a speed that was obviously aided with sourcery. In his hands two swords made entirely of flame materialised.
    Before he could even reach Cain Onyx jumped forward, timing it exactly with his passing. By the time Viper realised what she was doing it was too late, Onyx had grabbed for his one and only weakspot, the back of his neack. There, there were two sopts on his changed form, that when pressure was applied would completely shut him down. With that he fell to the floor, the flames fanding from his hands and all but his eyes that took time to return to normal went back to their original state. He managed to gasp out a few breaths, obviously in great pain. "Why..."
    Onyx let out a sigh and crouched nexto her brother, "I'm sorry... but i can't allow you to hurt cain..." she glanced back at Cain, "Or vice versa." she got to her feet and started Cain right in the eyes as her brother winced from the pain reverberating around in his body, "Please.... promise me youll never use that against him. It was a risk i know... but it was the only way to stop him."
    "Onyx thats enough!" He said as he struggled to his feet, unable to do any wizardry as his channels had been temporarily blocked. "You might as well give him every means to destroy us!"
    Onyx glared at her brother with such a look it was deemed impossible from her innocent face, "Just you dare try anything Viper! For once I'm making the decision to trust someone, and for once YOU will be the one to sit back and listen. You may be stronger in the ways of the arcane," she grinned, "But just remember what those monks way back when said, I'm still stronger."
    The Black household had always bred strong fighters, viper being the first mage in their history due to the half blood. But it was well known, In and around the Village of Shale, those that bore the mark of Black were not to be pravoked. Onyx having her own mark of black in full view, upon her chest.
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:07 am

Contrary to what the other two believed Cain heard none of what had transpired. The slap from Onyx was not only louder than she meant it to be... It was also much stronger. The slap knocked him off his feet causing him to hit his head on the floor and falling unconscious even though his eyes were still wide open.

The black horse that carried Zedale sped across the desert as though it were a well paved road. He had outran the city guards and was certain that they had lost his trail. After half an hour he made his way back to his armies camp stationed well away from his brother's city. As soon as he [passed by the first of the tents his black horse began to literally devolve into sand. It changed slow enough for Zedale to slid off and make his way towards the center of the camp where his advisers, bodyguards, and Alrin were waiting to lecture him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:00 am