All Shades Of blue

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This used to be a nice neighborhood.

2 posters

Realms of Fantasy

josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Realms of Fantasy Empty Realms of Fantasy

Post by josh Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:47 am

Luke laid down on his bed with a sigh. Wear the NSU he raised his hand on front of his face to look at it. Though form fitting the suit could be barely felt causing no discomfort. The minutes ticked down till the game would open to the public. Beta testing was done in house by the developers so that no one would have an edge over the other players. Thankfully however those that had bought the game before it was released were able to create their characters before the game launched, which would allow them to dive directly into the game. The helmets visor lit up and the countdown began.

Mal could feel his body shake in anticipation as the countdown began. He had been thinking of nothing but this moment all week. So much so that his job performance had slipped. He had spent all his free time reading up on the development process behind it all. Though he did have some worries. Such as how could one person GM an MMO of this size? The games lead developer Garold Holistor had actually stepped down from his position to instead GM the game instead of continuing to lead the team behind it.

Luke clenched his bedsheets and gritted his teeth as the countdown neared zero. Nervous and slightly scared of what the dive would feel like, he could only close his eyes and wait. And when the clock his zero, he fell. A bottomless pit swallowed him whole and he fell for what felt like an eternity. But eventually he slowed until he came to a stop. He slowly opened his eyes and faced a large stone door in the center of a black void. He tentatively reached out to open it. Doing so a bright light swallowed him up and his body was covered with a tingling sensation, his sight was then filled with views of magnificent landscapes unlike any he had ever seen. Though he did have to chuckle at the "Loading please wait" sigh that kept flashing in the middle.

Vail hit the ground running. Wide open plains stretched out before him with other players appearing one after the other. He was stunned at how real it all appeared to be, the sounds, the smells, the feeling of the wind, it all blew him away. though he did feel that the hud like elements at the four corners of his view did break the immersion a bit, but he supposed that could be considered a good thing. Less chance of people mistaking this for the actual world.

Lenik stretched his back as he looked up the map. The starter village for the humans was just half a mile from where they started. A wide array of mostly docile first level mobs littered the field between the two locations. Setting off in a run he darted for the village in an attempt to get some early quest before the shock wore off of the other players.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Realms of Fantasy Empty Re: Realms of Fantasy

Post by Vox Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:07 am

Sasha smirked to herself as she lay in wait, shifting some she couldn't help but stare at the numbers that came up on screen, each time it changed it sent forth a new wave of anticipation, as the countdown got closer and closer to zero her smirk started to widen, barely unable to contain herself as she counted down with the last numbers. "fünf ... vier ... drei ... zwei .. ein ..... Null"

Olotta stood in the starting ground, looking around for a moment, watching a moment as the players started to pop up before she would look forward, taking a moment to familiarise herself with the HUD she couln't help but grin. "And so starts my dynasty.... My legend." she laughed as she ran at breakneck speed towards the village, aiming to rise in level before most others as to accomplish her mission... after all, she wasn't determined for nothing.
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:43 pm

Sheerton, the first city for humans spread before Lenik. It was a small hunting village with a few trade post scattered here and there. Right outside the Inn was a notice board. The place to acquire news about quest and who was giving them out. The quest were your standard affair. Hunt down ten of X animal, deliver a package to someone, Simple stuff. Lenik let out a bored sigh. "Well can't say i'm surprised. Low level quest always suck." He said in a dull tone.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:31 am

Olotta stacked up as many quests as she coudl find as she moved through the city, reducing level time by not having to run back and forth multiple times. as she made her way back out to the fields she looked to the side and what she saw she couldn't comprehend, a mage smacking at a rock with his staff. Olotta approached casually. "The hell are you doing..."
    The other diddn't look up and simply replied in a snobbish tone, "what does it look like?! leveling duh!"
    Olotta facepalmed before pointing her staff to the player coldly. "I'm doing the world a favour here" With that she let loose a fireball from her own staff before running forward, swinging the staff across quickly, effectively impaling the other player, essentially two-shotting them. "i have my work cut out for me." she said as she pulled out the staff
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:55 pm

"Kinda cruel don ya think?" Came a Scottish brogue from behind Olotta. "Poor sod's gunna have ta wait a whole twenty four hours afore he can log in again. And on opening day that's kinda a harsh way to treat someone just because they ain't playen the way you are now don't cha think?" Said Vail who came out from behind a nearby tree.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Olotta glances back before smirking some, closing her eyes a bit. "think of it as my personal welcome." her own german accent peeking through at acceptable intervals. "I did the world a favour." she slowly turns about to face him some, opening her eyes, resting her hand on her hip as she threw it out slightly, standing in an idle yet slightly suggestive pose
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:07 am

Vail held his hands palms facing Olotta in a defensive pose. "Yeah but.. still, the lad had a good idea there. Your skills grow through use even if you don't use them against a mob. Could spend tha day whacken at the side of a house and your skills will still raise. Now it'll be much slower than against a mob. But still a smart idea." He said as he lowered his hands. "Or are you one of those "The game can only be played one way" types?" He asked arching a brow.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:45 pm

"i did this place a favor. you'll see" Olotta smirked before turning about, running off at a sprint, vanishing out from immediate view

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content