All Shades Of blue

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This used to be a nice neighborhood.

2 posters

Hunters in the dark

josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Hunters in the dark Empty Hunters in the dark

Post by josh Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:09 am

On September 2nd 1945 Japan Surrendered to the United States after the devastating nuclear bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the terms of surrender were clear, The island country would be forced into Annexation with the United states. Seventy years later in the Shinjuku district of Tokyo is where our story takes place.

"JAKE DID YA HEAR DID YA HEAR??!!" An incredibly excited Tye yelled as he slammed his hands on circular table that sat outside the Starbucks they were at.
    "Hear what?" An equally bored Jake asked as he sipped on his far overpriced cup of coffee.
    "Spiders, SPIDERS MAN!! ALL OVER!!!"
    "Shicka shicka shicka" Went the can of raid that Jake was now shaking in his hand.
    "BIGGER!! HUUUUUGE MONSTER SPIDERS!" Tye yelled.
    "And where'd you hear this at?" Asked his friend Rick.
    "From Kentaro! He said that his brother's best friends's cousins' boyfriends' uncle saw one of em!"
    "Where at?" Asked Rick as he crossed his arms and leaned forward, now suddenly interested.

They stood outside an empty half constructed building.
    "IN THERE!" Yelled Tye, pointing up at the fourth floor of the building as Jake kicked a rock nearby. "Why am I here?" He grumbled as he sipped his coffee.
    "Cause you're gonna go in there!" Said Rick.
    "BULLSHIT! I'm not trespassing just cause Tye heard a rumor. I'm in trouble enough as is!"
    "BUT YOUR MISTER KUNGFU GUUUUY!" pleaded Tye, now on his knees with his hands clenched together.
    "No I'm not!"
    "But your dad's a Pure jap isn't he?"
    Jake suddenly chugged the last of his coffee before throwing the cup at Tye's face. "YOU RACIST BASTARD!! HE'S A DAMN ACCOUNTANT NOT A SAMURAI!!"
    it was Rick's turn to plead now. "But you're grandad's got a doojooooo!"
    "PISS OFF!" Jake yelled as he left the two there on their knees.

When Jake was out of sight Tye and Rick got back up to their feet. "I'll give ya a twenty if you go in." Tye said nudging Rick in the ribs.
    "Hell no i'm not retarded, Wouldn't go in there if you gave me a hundred!"
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Hunters in the dark Empty Re: Hunters in the dark

Post by Vox Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:30 am

As the grouping at the construction site blabbered on a certain upstanding student was making his way home, laptop case in hand and backpack upon his back, strap kept over his free shoulder, his head slightly declined so the light from the midday sun reflected off his glasses. Kyo had started to make his way home after some extracarricular activities. He let off a slight sigh as he waited at the intersection, waiting for the light to turn green, the conversations of the day going through his head. The usual, some punks jeering for his money, even though he diddn't carry it on him any more. The other 'nerds' in the class bragging about their superior skills.

Kyo walked across the street as the light changed. "Mina no bakka.." He muttered to himself, walking through towards his home, that's when his phone rang. He paused, taking it out from his pocket, flipping it open and looking to the caller contact before he let off a long sigh. Lifting it to his ear. "Yes Mother.."
    "Kyo!" The voice screeched on the other end, causing him to move the phone away with a wince. His mother always spoke far too loud in to it as if she was half eating the phone. "Don't forget to bring back eggs, Milk and bread like i asked you this morning!"
    Kyo paused, glancing down to his laptop bag, in his hurry to get home he'd forgotten, instead he just answered coolly "I diddn't, the train came early though so i missed it. I'll be a little late" with that he closed the phone and started to make his way back reluctantly to go pick up the needed items
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:52 pm

Jake made it home before the rest of his family, giving him time to do exactly as he planned... Play video games in his underwear. How else was he gonna spend the rest of the day? He would have to check out the building at night whole no one was around. Preferably early he thought to himself, that way he could clear it out on his own without having to worry about any of the others stealing the glory.
    ---------------

Hime watched Kyo as he hung up his phone and started walking in a different direction, She watched him from a far ways off, slightly peaking out from behind the corner of a nearby building. "Now wheeeere are you off to...... Mister Underground?" She whispered to herself before slowly licking her lips.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:02 pm

Kyo stretched some, slipping the strap of his laptop case over his shoulder so he could fold his arms behind his head, looking up to the skies as he walked, thinking to himself, drowining out the sounds of the busy street with his thoughts, turning it all to nothing but white noise.
    His thoughts were abruptly broken however at the feeling of a drop falling upon his nose. He stiffned a bit as he heard the rain come. He quickly lowered his head and moved under the cover of a nearby overhang, lifting up and holding his beloved laptop close to his chest. he lowered his head in defeat and let out a loud whine. "Nazeeeeeee" he said up to the rain in frustration leant back against the wall, letting off a huff, it was just his luck. whenever he'd forgotten to put in the waterproof cover to his bag, it rained, t was fate he was damn sure of it, if it wasn't fate it was some terrible curse. He whimpered and ran out in to the rain, using his body as a shield as he ran out towards the store
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:31 pm

Hime followed Kyo into the store, chasing after him so fast that she actually bumped into him when she ran inside. "Hyaaa!" She squealed as she tried to regain her balance. Remembering who she ran into her face turned a dark shade of red. "Oh! 竜崎 先生! So funny meeting you here! I didn't mean to bump into you like that, I didn't hurt you or anything did I?"
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:41 pm

Kyo junped a bit, bouncing forward some on his foot, flaling his one arm so he wouldn't fall. righting himself as he gripped his laptop, straightening, sloooolwy shifting his fingers up to right his glasses as he slowly turned about, keeping his blank 'schoolface' on. "Hime? Anata wa koko de nani o shite iru??"
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:48 pm

Hime was about to reply before the store owner barked at them. "HEY! Damn Japs, Read the sign!" He yelled pointing to a sign at the entrance that read "You're in america, speak american."

Hime blinked at it a few times before facing Kyo again. "Uhh.. Uhh.. I was uhh... Picking up things! And thing..... Yes! And well.." He put her two index fingers togehter as she looked down at the ground. "Wanted.. to say..... Hello.. If that's alright." She added in a small voice.

"Oh my Go... Go back to yer damn monkey talk." The store owner sighed. "Don't wanna hear this highschool romance cliched bullshit." He grumbled as he returned to his duties.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:55 pm

"Amerika no buta" Kyo thought to himself but kept his straight face as he simply shrugged, moving over to get the items his mother had needed, with one hand, his other never straying from his laptop, speaking cooly as he did so, "a wa hime o tasuketakatta nanika ga atta?" Thinking full well she just wanted to mooch off his intelligence for study and homework purposes
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:32 am

Shuffling her feet, Hime looked down at them in embarrassment. "Umm... well I... Just wanted.. to talk, You don't seem to have many friends so I was wondering... Iiif you wanted.." Her face turned a bright shade of red as sweat began to drip from her face. "T t t t t tttt..." Her entire body started to shake as she stuttered out her Ts. Swallowing hard she took a deep breath and forced up her courage. "IF YOU WANTED TO HAVE LUNCH WITH ME TOMORROW!!??" She yelled loud enough to unsettle several shelves of products and even cause the lights to flicker.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:50 am

Kyo's glasses cracked at her voice as he slowly lifted a hand to right them, keeping his fingers on his glasses as he let a long awkward silence pass by as he just stood there, the moment being painfully drawn out far longer than it should be.

As Kyo's hearing finally returned to him over the ringing in his ears he spoke. "Alright." He said blankly, moving past her to set his items on the counter so he could pay for them and get home
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:57 am

"Just go, just..get out." Mumbled the store owner as Kyo went up to the register, Just wanting them both to leave even if it meant loosing a few bucks.

Hime stood with a look of utter shock burned into her face. She slowly turned around to look at Kyo. "Re...really?????" She asked, her face brightening up.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:30 am

Kyo took the goods and just started walking, looking up at the rain. He picked up his laptop a bit, not feeling it necessary to answer an obvious question he just made it back out in to the rain, protecting his laptop as before as he made his way out. As chance would have it his phone would ring again as he left.
    Kyo diddn't even bother answering, knowing exactly who it was. knowing the same person would call him repeatedly in fear of some wild fictitious beast having torn him apart. "Haha wa sore ni taisho suru hitsuyō ga arimasu" He thought to himself as he quickly made his way home

{mother will just have to deal with it"
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:43 am

Jake looked down at his phone with a mischievous smirk. "Oh darn.... He's not answering his phone." A flash of lighting would light up the room as his smirk turned into a grin, showing off rows of unusually sharp teeth.

He was fully dressed as he pulled a dark red, finger-less glove over his hand. Written on the knuckles was a string of celtic symbols and letters.

He opened his front door as a clash of thunder filled the air.

A flash of lightning and he stood in front of the construction site. "Someone call for an exterminator?" He quoted his favorite unit from Starcraft as he walked into the building.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:53 am

Kyo eventually made it home, soaked in all areas save for his chest and his laptop. "Tadaima.." He said in a bleak tone as he took off his shoes, dumping his backback by the front door, planning to sort his books out later.

"Kyo! You're ALIVE!" a shorter woman with beady little eyes poked her head out from the doorway.
    Kyo just walked right past her, holding up the packet in to her suspecting hands before he made his way upstairs. "I'm going to go clean up"
    She watched his progress with a beaming smile, "Such a good boy"
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:13 am

Once upon a time, Jake was scared of spiders. In recent times, Jake has hated spiders and kills them wherever he sees them. At the current moment, The spiders are getting their revenge and are reminding Jake why he was so afraid of them.

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!"

Jake yelled as he was slammed into a wall. He tried pulling the webbing that now surrounded him off but was interrupted by a ten foot, 600 pound spider slamming into him. Three foot long fangs shot into his body repeatedly, filling what little blood he had left in him with venom.

He managed to maneuver his right hand around so that when the fang pierced it he could grab a hold of it, keeping it from jerking back. The spider backed away and swung it's head around trying to throw Jake off. Pulling himself up he planted his feet against the joint and kicked, tearing the fang off completely.

In a spray of black ooze the spider reared back, letting out a hellish sound of anger. In it's fury Jake had the time to jump to his feet and jam the fang into one of the spiders many eyes. Standing on it's head he continued to stab down into the spiders skull, piercing it's brain and eventually killing the insect.

When the spider fell Jake tumbled back onto the floor and laid there as the room spun around, the venom and blood loss taking their toll.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:31 am

Kyo washed himself up and went to go retrieve his books, moving upstairs to sit down at his desk, whipping out a new set of glasses as he put them on his face. He paused and raised a brow as he glanced at a small stickynote on his table. he reached out for it, picking it up and holding it up to his face as he read the long slanted kanji, "Gone out drinking"
    He diddn't even have to read who it was from. he just crumpled the piece of paper and threw it over his shoulder, knowing full well Sakura was out, and likely not at the bar either.

--

As Jake lay there he'd likely hear the distinct sound of heels clicking on the floor of the building, growing louder as they got closer before it grew qiuet. not a second later a long leg came in to his view as the heel set itself on his stomech, pinning him there as a scantly clad woman leaned forward in to his view, hands set on her hips. "You sir, are a dumbass."
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:39 am

Jake couldn't help but cough up blood as the heel pressed into his innards. "Can't... Can't argue with the results though can you?" He asked in a ragged voice, a pained smirk playing on his face.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:15 am

she removed her heel before setting her foot back down, "Going to have to drag you home, again arn't i?" she said with her own smirk, glancing back to the spider. "diddn't the report mention spider-s-?"
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:21 am

"Ers?" Jake muttered before the ceiling came down with a loud crash in front of them. The clicking of long insectoid limbs confirmed the report.
    "SHIT!" Jake yelled before starting into a roll then kicking the ground and propelling himself back, he bent his body forward and grabbed the floor, his fingers ripping up tile as he slid back. "You didn't happen to bring a giant boot with you did ya?" He asked as the dust steeled, revealing eight incredibly large spiders all around the same size as the dead one.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:26 am

she whistled, looking at the creatures as she backed up a bit, "Mmmmnnooo, but i got the next best thing. hope you don't mind fire" she said with a fairly large grin, bringing up her hands to her sides, fingers ready to snap. "All i'm gonna say? i hope there ain't any gas leaks nearby"

--

Kyo had managed to dry his books off quick enough, opening his laptop as he opned his excersize book. writing sums with the one hand as he loged in with the other, checking the latest news feed
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:34 pm

"Just don't burn the building down." Said Jake. "But then again...." He said looking at the spiders. "Nah, burn the fuckers."
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:07 am

Sakura chuckled, snapping her fingers as flame rushed forth from them. she took a steadying stance, setting her one foot behind her before flinging her arms out forward, sending forth a growing gathering wave of fire towards the beasts
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:05 am

With a screech the spiders were engulfed in the flames.
    Jake let out a relieved sigh. "If I knew it was gonna be that easy i'd a brought a flamethrower of my own."
    AS soon as he said that however the clicking of insectoid limbs brought his attention back to the spiders who were now approaching as if nothing happened. 
    "Why can't it ever be easy?" Jake moaned before another set of clicking almost gave him whiplash from how quickly his head turned to the spider he thought he had dispatched. It had now picked itself up and the wound was slowly healing itself and it's fang had begun to regrow.

"Oh...... their Kami.... of course they would be kami." Jake muttered.

"Kami" or Spirits are a type of being that regularly plagues the human world, these such entities cannot be defeated by physical means, making them highly dangerous to those who have no training or understanding of the entity that they face. As suc,h unless highly spiritual in their own nature Hunters are given a single order when facing such a being.

"RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Jake yelled as he took off like a bullet, hellbent on putting as much distance between him and the Kami as possible.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:16 am

Sakura spat, turning off to run right after Jake, heeled boots clicking quickly on the floor as she bolted, her lack of weight.. or clothing.. giving her an edge to her run.
    Not slowed down she plowed her fist in the wall adjacent, causing the wall to colappse behind them. "Hopefully that will give us some time!" she yelled as she made after Jake.

--

With his homework done he closed the book, as well as his laptop and made for the door, leaning out he said in a slightly raised tone for his mother to hear, "Studying and going to bed"
    "Okay Kyo!!" she replied with a high pitched tone from downstairs as kyo made his way back in to his room. closing, and locking his door as he was accustomed to do. Without further a-do he first checked his room, ensuring the curtains were closed before he walked back over to his bed, removing his glasses as he turned his back to the door, picking up a box hidden in a specially fashoned secret compartment from within his desk, putting on a set of contacts before changing his clothes, his hairstyle, setting on sets of piercings that fit in to nigh unseeable holes.
    With his transformation complete he threw on his jacket, sliding his bed to the side before opening a hatch, slipping in and closing it after him. 

Luckily, Kyo's house had unknowningly been built on top of a series of underground tunnels that near interconnected the whole city, making him able to appear near anywhere when he needed. he managed to shift the bed back in place before sliding the hatch closed, making his way down in to the undercity, his hands in his pockets as he jogged towards his popular haunt
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:32 am

"I would suggest torching the place but I think that'd just curse us or something!" Jake yelled before leaping through an open window, landing on the ground three stories below with a loud crunch. As he fell he had time to rethink some things, that perhaps it would have been better to consult the old man first before charging ahead, that maybe he shouldn't have gone alone, that maybe jumping out the window wasn't such a good idea, and that maybe, juuust maybe, that he should avoid keeping keys in his front pockets if he's not going to land on his feet properly as he now found himself with yet another puncture wound along with the broken bones.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:33 am