All Shades Of blue

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This used to be a nice neighborhood.

2 posters

Steamworks and Magicka

josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Steamworks and Magicka - Page 3 Empty Re: Steamworks and Magicka

Post by josh Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:58 pm

Justin cleared his throat. "Right then." He said before taking in a deep breath to try and calm his nerves. "Don't expect anything impressive." He said as he held up both his index fingers inches apart. He furrowed his brow and concentrated as hard as he could but to no avail. "Damnit..... Never does work when i want it to." He said both angry and ashamed that he wasn't able to show Alyssa what he could do.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:09 pm

Alyssa would let out a light hearted chuckle, smiling at him sweetly, "Oh that's alright." She said before pausing a moment with a little sigh, returning to her smile after, "Its getting rather late though, and i should get back to the room for the night. so... uhm." She said before pausing a moment, looking to the floor slightly before continuing, "Suppose i could meet you back here tomorrow sometime?" she said before bringing her clasped hands up again after, "i mean! if youre not busy and all..." Nervious for a moment of being rejected to the request she uredly added, "so uhm seeyou around then!" she said before quickly kissing him on the cheek, practically jogging down the corridoor without giving Justin much pause to react
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Justin stood there in shock for who knows how long. Eventually his boss found him standing in the same spot. And despite all his yelling he couldn't wipe away the grin that Justin wore on his face.

The night came and went, and the passengers woke to no surprises, Both Ellis and Justin had their breakfast in the dinning hall though not together as neither knew the other.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:39 pm

Alyssa walked down the hall, staring absently out the window as she went along, her thoughts wandering back to the night before with each step, hoping desperately to herself that she diddn't mess it up. As she walked however a chill fell about her a moment as she paused to look behind her with a slight feeling of paranoia. Seeing no one she let out a relieved sigh before turning her head forward again, practically jumping back when she was me with the sight of Acurio standing practically inches away from her.
    "Delilah." He said with as cold a tone as he could muster, sending chills down her very spine.
    "Yes uhm. Morning Acurio" She said, shifting uneasily on her feet some, glancing up to him as he would start to grin, tilting his head to the side, picking this up as a warning sign she quickly stepped away through the doors behind her into the dining hall, "yes well, uhm. see you!"
    she sidestepped through the doors with a sigh, leaning up against the wall before combig a hand through her hair, glancing about at the room before smoothing out her dress, it was near identical to the one from the night before, however instead this was a dark velvet green with natural shades of bronze accenting the edges.
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:05 pm

Justin saw Alyssa from the other side of the room. He was digging up the courage to go talk to her when he was called back to his boss's side. "Ah there you are. Take a look at this fine piece of weaponry." Miles Sullivan aka the man that Justin worked for said to him as he approached. Miles was talking to Senator Akford and a scruffy looking half-elf while holding a revolver. "Went out and took a shot with it a few minutes ago. The recoil is almost non-existent." He said in amazement. Just think of what a few men with these beauties could do. Perhaps for security forces hmm?" He asked Akford with a raised eyebrow. Akford laughed. "And that's why i came to you Mister Sullivan, I heard that your family has an interest in such things so i decided to offer you this little proposal." He said with his usual smile.
    "Yes yes, and i'm glad you did. I say we draw up the papers here and now!" He said excitedly. Justin took a glance at the half elf and couldn't help but wonder how long it took him to figure out how to put his jacket on much less tie his shoes.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:16 pm

Alyssa glanced over the room a while before eventually noticing Justin, blushing slightly as she managed a small wave.
    "Have your eyes on someone do we sister?" Roland chimed happily as he lent down from behind her so his mouth was only a fraction away from her ear.
    Alyssa jumped slightly, "R-roland!" She said before letting off a sigh and turning about, the blush still on her cheeks.
    "Ahh so thats a yes." he said before glancing about the room, "Care to tell me who or will i just have to embarrass you in front of everyone here to see?."
    Alyssa blushed and moved her hands up to cover Roland's mouth, "No, don't!" she said as she couldn't help but notice his manic grin spread across his face under her fingers
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:32 pm

Justin stood by and watched as the papers were signed. All the while wondering what on earth had possessed Akford to team up with some half-elf. The very notion of humans using elven made weaponry was an insult.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:39 pm

Roland moved his head back with a broad smirk, "or perhaps i should just make an announcement and see how many men respond to it."
    "Roland!" Alyssa said in protest, holding her hands up to her chest in a shy gesture, her blush deepening due to the teasing. Roland however was enjoying himself far too much to stop now, "Then you'll -have- to pick the one you fancy now won't you? ohhhh!" his grin widned, "What if there is even more than one? thats why youre soooo lucrative about all this."
    "Roland no i-"
    "oh come on, whats the harm in some fun dear sweet sister?"
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:52 pm

Growing bored Justin started to look around the room and day dream, It seemed only a few moments when Miles was speaking to him. "Justin!"
    "Yes sir!?" He said snapping out of his trance.
    "Did you see Where Ellis ran off to?"
    "Who?"
    "The half-elf!" Miles snapped.
    "N.. no sir i wasn't watching him."
    Akford gave a laugh. "Oh Calm down i see him i see him. Over there talking to a future buyer." He said motioning over to where Ellis had gone.

Ellis wasn't perfect, not by far, and he was about as far removed from what one would call a knight in shining armor he still had his limits. And judging from the look of the woman that Roland Silvermane was talking to, he had just crossed it. He walked up behind him and spoke in a friendly tone. "Mister Silvermaaaane hope i'm interrupting." He said with a laugh and in a joking tone, all the while thanking that he could his his emotions and inner thoughts from being shown.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:03 pm

Roland looked over, keeping his grin, "Ahh Ellis was it? And not at all not at all in fact,"
    while Roland was speaking Alyssa let out a sigh of relief before taking a step back, planning to simply slip away from the conversation without being missed, however as Roland continued talking he nonchelantly put an arm around her shoulders, keeping there as he continued speaking "I'd like you to meet my sister, Alyssa Silvermane." He said with a grin, eagerly watching their reactions and those of the people in the room
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:41 pm

"Heh. Good morning Alyssa." Ellis said with a smile. "How do you do?"

Justin watch Ellis with suspicious eyes. Keeping an eye on his every move.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:56 pm

Alyssa nodded shyly with her usual light and enchanting smile before worming her way out of her brother's grasp, "I am well Sir, and yourself?"
    As they spoke Roland eyed Justin for only a moment with a grin before glancing to the doorway where Acurio had caught his attention, after a moment he let off a sigh, "Do excuse me it would appear there is something i have to attend to." without much other warning he would walk after Acurio, out of sight from the main group.
    Watching him leave Alyssa let out a slight sigh, "Thank you. my brother can be... somewhat of a handful at times."
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:11 pm

Ellis gave a chuckle. "Say no more. Youngest of five here." He said. "Though to be honest i thought he was an unwanted suitor. Imagine a girl like you would get a lot of those." He said with a smile.

"Aaah i guess he had other things in mind it seems hahah." Akford laugh. "A genius in the field of firearms and a good picker too. If i were a couple years younger or drunk off my rump i'd be over there myself heh." And were it not for the fact that he was being held up by Miles, Justin would have already torn the half elf away from Alyssa. The filthy thing.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:17 pm

Alyssa let out a light chuckle, "Yes well, i don't exactly leave the grounds much, and then the Silvermane name would be anough to send most others running regardless, not .. to mention Acurio." she said with a light shrug. "So i assume youre the one my brother is entering the deal with? all i managed to get out of him was that he'd met someone with an offer and so on."
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:28 pm

"Yes ma'am i am. Ellis Fenix at your service." He said with a smile and a bow. "Your brother happened to enter a deal to earn a cut from selling my guns to the military. Your brother knows a deal when he sees one."
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:33 pm

"Oh i see. sounds interesting" she said before shaking her head some, "though, i don't have the mind for these economical deals and so on..." she paused before chuckling lightly, "My father's often referred to me as the family's porcelain doll. Pretty, but for ornimental uses only. as were his words."
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:38 pm

Ellis furrowed his brow. "Well that's.. rude. Just because you're not the business type doesn't mean you're just for show. Everyone has their own talents, it's all about finding them."
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:41 pm

Alyssa would shrug slightly, "Oh i don't mind all too much. To be honest its an imagery i'm comfortable with so to speak," she looks down with an absent-minded smile, "No one really expects anything from the doll, and i'm used to being quiet and so on."
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:03 am

Ellis scoffed. "That's no way to look at yourself. It's ok to be quiet. Just because you don't like to talk doesn't mean anything. Don't put stock in what other people say ok? They don't know anything. Most people compare my kind with ogres and other beast. But am i one? No. I-" He was cut off by the sound of someone clearing their throat.
    Justin stood behind Ellis with an obviously fake smile. "Hello again Mister Fenix. If you don't mind i would like to get a word in with miss Silvermane." He said before shouldering Ellis aside. "Good morning Alyssa, I hope you slept alright." He said now with a true smile on his face.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:12 am

Alyssa blinked as Justin moved up, brushing a stray lock of hair from her face as she would cast her eyes ever so slightly away, the light blush staying on her cheeks, "I did thank you Messare Vrelic. and yourself?"
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:02 am

"Oh i'm.. i'm better now." Said Justin before looking over at Ellis. "Oh Mister Fenix, i believe that mister Akford was looking for you. You sort off... wandered off."He said not looking at him.
    Getting the hint Ellis nodded. "Riiight. Okay." He said as he made a short bow to Alyssa. "Pleasure to meet you miss." He said before walking away.
    Justin let out a sigh as Ellis walked away. "I uhh.. He wasn't bothering you too much was he?"
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:27 am

Alyssa shook her head, "not at all. Rather, he prevented my brother from making a scene" she said letting out a short sigh, "he enjoys teasing me." She said before looking to the side slightly with a light smile, "I... Hope I wasn't too much trouble yesterday. Leaving so suddenly and all"
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:23 pm

"Oh." Was all Justin had to say about Alyssa defending Ellis. Though his anger immediately subsided as he took note of her smile. "No no no. of course not, It was uhh.. completely understandable. I mean.. Having to go like that." He said feeling the heat rise up to his face again as he remembered their parting.
    Vox
    Vox
    Admin
    Admin

Leo
    Rooster

Post by Vox Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:19 pm

Alyssa smiled a moment, glancing up to justin for a while before something else caught her attention. She glanced past him and took note of a figure with white hair and a collar standing half in the entrance to the room.
    Alyssa paused a moment, taking ahold of justin's hand, without waiting for his protest she quickly lead him along the room into a side passage, placing her hand to what seemed to be a wall before pushing it away, revealing it to be a slotted pannel in the wall. She quickly moved along into the hidden passage, guesturing for him to follow and close the slot behind him
    josh
    josh
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn
    Horse

Post by josh Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:29 pm

"What.. in the.." was All that Justin could say at the sight of the secret passage. "How did?" He started to ask before following her down the passage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:52 pm